BRM Annual 2011

merddinemrys

Hello there

I picked up a copy of the new BRM Annual in WH Smiths this morning - price £5.95.

Contents is as follows:

On the Route of the Irish Mail - Bangor in 0 gauge

Classic BRM - GP Keen

Modern Railway Modelling - Wrexham & Shrewsbury modelling

Layout Focus - Owdham Central in N gauge

Scenic Modelling - using the Woodlands sub terrain

Readers' layouts

Prototype Information - Army on the rails

Layout focua - The Beeley Trilogy in 00 gauge

Locomotive focus - 08s with drawings (though some lines were missing from mine!)

Point of View - coming back to the hobby

Readers' Layouts - Watton Road in 00 gauge

Layout focus - Camp 93 0n30

Loco construction - WD 2-8-0 and J6 0-6-0 in 00 gauge

Classic BRM - 25 years of Trains Galore

Steam Pictorial - Stanier 8F

Miscellany - driving the 10 1/4 in gauge

Readers' Layouts

Rolling Stock - 4VEPs

Readers' Layouts

Classic BRM - Christmas wish list 1960s style

Diesel Pictorial - Tinsley open day 1996

Layout construction - Cut out crew - cutting power with a lifting section!

Layout focus - Trams on Broadyway - 2mm scale.

A decent mix.

David

Yes I agree quite a decent mix and not at all bad value for £5.95. As often happens with these compilations the article of most interest was actually not the one I was expecting but the one on the 10 1/4 inch miniature railway. Was instantly transported back to the seafront in Lowestoft where in my early years I used to love going on the miniature railway there spinning round the putting green!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I bought this on Saturday and I am somewhat underwhelmed; I've bought these annuals in the past and found them good value but this one is lacking in modelling content IMHO, seems more of a nostalgia exercise. The one article I did find interesting was the logging railway, which was certainly modelling, but not British!

• 1 month later...

I bought this on Saturday and I am somewhat underwhelmed; I've bought these annuals in the past and found them good value but this one is lacking in modelling content IMHO, seems more of a nostalgia exercise. The one article I did find interesting was the logging railway, which was certainly modelling, but not British!

I have treated myself to BRM Annuals in the past and enjoyed them. This year, I put it on my Christmas list so it arrived under the tree on 25th December. I would agree with the nostalgia exercise. Modelling articles and inspirational layouts seemed thinner on the ground. :( I also thought that the colour printing was a bit garish, but that might have been my copy. All said, I still enjoyed picking it up during the holiday and reading a random article or two, and the article on G P Keen did raise an intriguing question...

Archived