Hornby Class 395 'Javelin'

Edinburgh Junction

• RMweb Premium

After months of waiting, Hornby have finally released the much loved (by me anyway) Class 395 'Javelin' Hitachi EMU used on HS1 with Southeastern Railway. It can now be bought from anywhere.

Your enthusiasm you must temper youngling...

The fact that it has appeared in the Hornby November Releases leaflet (and very nice it looks too!) unfortunately does not mean it actually will arrive or indeed has arrived imminently. There are still items from the Hornby Monthly Releases leaflets back in May, June and July that still have not seen the light of day yet.

Of course as with everything else it will turn up just in time for Warley naturally....

Your enthusiasm you must temper youngling...

The fact that it has appeared in the Hornby November Releases leaflet (and very nice it looks too!) unfortunately does not mean it actually will arrive or indeed has arrived imminently. There are still items from the Hornby Monthly Releases leaflets back in May, June and July that still have not seen the light of day yet.

Of course as with everything else it will turn up just in time for Warley naturally....

Ahhh.... I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing matey! Im confused to why Hornby say that.... very odd. Unlike Dapol, the N gauge version of Hornby, that they are releasing loads on time! And the've all ready got the Virgin 'Pretendolino' set in production with the DVT and carriages. Oh well! Its not as bad as the GC HST though...... that took about a year+ to be released.

On the same newsletter I notice the Wartime black T9 not only still has the tender frames reversed, but also has the secret wartime inside frame disc brakes few people know about. wink.gif

And you thought this was limited to Alfasuds.

Nice work Hornby!

N

Don't forget that Hornby tend to use plain black models with new liveries added to them digitally for the the catalogue. So these are last years models with the new livery added, and therefore the final product (should) be right when it gets to the shops.

Regards,

Dan

• RMweb Premium

The first Maunsell liveried Schools 903 Charterhouse is shown for the second time (it was in the November 2008 new releases list) so I hope it does arrive this time.

More generally I've never really understood why models in Hornby's new release sheets do not appear. By the time the new release sheet is issued - at the beginning of the month of release, surely the advertised models will already have been produced and be on a ship somewhere between China and the UK (or at least be in production). Are their suppliers being economic with the truth?

• RMweb Gold

Out of interest , does anyone know what sort of motor its got ? - its it a motor bogie thingy like the Pendolino - or does it have a proper chassis?

tfn

'179

'Tis a motor bogie thingy, complete with traction tyres on one axle. Exceeds scale speed, too!

Out of interest , does anyone know what sort of motor its got ? - its it a motor bogie thingy like the Pendolino - or does it have a proper chassis?

tfn

'179

Do you need to fit two chips for the DCC ready one or does it have connections though the coupling?

Also is the the DCC fitted one hard wired or a Hornby chip in a socket?

I have the DCC ready Hornby Pendolino with Bachy chip fitted.

Sorry for all the questions

Cheers

Stu

Yea, the DCC Ready ones require two chips, one at each end. The couplings are just plastic, no connections through the couplings.

The DCC Fitted isn't hard wired, but doesn't use a standard Hornby DCC chip. Its a special design one, that if you require a spare, just contact Hornby and Im sure they can send a spare (I needed to do it for my DCC fitted shunter).

Right.... I use the pendo too, but with the Hornby chips, rather than the Bachmann

No need to be sorry about it! Questions leads to good info, and if its what you want, then its better than going wrong!

Cheers

Jack

Yea, the DCC Ready ones require two chips, one at each end. The couplings are just plastic, no connections through the couplings.

The DCC Fitted isn't hard wired, but doesn't use a standard Hornby DCC chip. Its a special design one, that if you require a spare, just contact Hornby and Im sure they can send a spare (I needed to do it for my DCC fitted shunter).

Right.... I use the pendo too, but with the Hornby chips, rather than the Bachmann

No need to be sorry about it! Questions leads to good info, and if its what you want, then its better than going wrong!

Cheers

Jack

Thanks Jack

Its the lads Xmas present, iv no really problem with Hornbys chips just that there's more funtions you can tweak on the Baccy one.

I would also rather DCC ready for the above reason.

Not seen your layout for a while on the new forum , unless iv missed it :icon_redface:

I did need an A to Z to get around the forum when it first transfered :lol:

Stu

Archived