Boswidden lane

Cornish_Rail

post-6927-072252300 1288808021_thumb.jpg

Boswidden lane

My new plan for exhibition layout is that if the GWR had completed the branchline that had ran from Penzance to St just although it would of be rationalised it would of stayed open as freight only line. Conveying china clay and tin ore from the few pits and mines surrounding St just. Although in recent times a small disused platform has been brought back into use on the outskirts of the town for a local passengers to disembark.

The layout consists of twin track exiting the fiddle yard one line running to the small platform and the other line running into Boswidden yard from a headshunt off the layout it will be based from 1980 – 2000 which will allow flexible running. The main boards will be 2ft x 8ft with a 4 ft fiddle with the possibility of an extension at a later date.

and a thank you to hugh flynn for posting all those wonderful trackplan on the old forum

:)

cornish rail

Traction will include.

wagons

clay hoods

CDA

HEA

TTA

• 2 months later...

after much thinking ive changed my plan slighty as im not basing my layout around a china clay yard but a small wagon repair that service china clay wagons which mean i wont be confined to just one type of wagon most of the traction will be 08's with the odd mainline loco showing up the baseboard will be made up of 3mm ply sandwiched together with 2x1 at each end post-6927-0-17298800-1296469167_thumb.jpg

Personally I would have stuck with the original plan and incorporated the idea of a wagon repair facility into the plan, as I say, just a personal opinion...

The two roads bottom left could be the repair building, the two roads above could have been for storage, three roads if you abandon the idea of running passenger stock.

Archived