Modelling Aylesbury Station (Risborough & District MRC)

• RMweb Gold

We had a working day on Aylesbury yesterday while most of the team were working on the fiddle yard and ensuring everything works and runs though all the point work, I continued on the station building which is progressing well, having now tiled most of one side of the roof.

I managed to pick of a copy of the attached photo which I think is really nice and fits in with the period of the model. What I like is the road vehicles. Oxford diecast do the royal mail van the Morris traveller and van farthest away from the camera. what I would like to know is what the van nearest the camera is as it looks quite old, and the car.

David

A bit late with a comment, but the Traveller looks too big and  a bit wrong for a Minor to me. Could it be a Morris Oxford Traveller?

Dave

I like the faded appearance of the semaphore arm, with rust encroaching along the edges.

attachicon.gifpost-186-0-93653600-1518287317_thumb.jpg

Some nice weathering on the post too.

Regards

Dan

The arm is a transfer

http://www.hall-royd-junction.co.uk/Products/Signal_Transfers/Dapol_signal_transfers.html

Edited by David Bigcheeseplant
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks David - that explains why it looks so good. Hand painted arms seldom achieve such a neat demarcation between the colours, or such a smooth surface come to that!

Regards

Dan

• 6 months later...

Quite interested in your project. I’m in America, but my grandmother came from Chorleywood. Looking to model on the Met with Chorleywood as my center but needing ends for my layout. Aylesbury is looking good as I see it has an engine shed.

Any good source for information I. The station and yards circa 1930?

Cheers!

Harry

Quite interested in your project. I’m in America, but my grandmother came from Chorleywood. Looking to model on the Met with Chorleywood as my center but needing ends for my layout. Aylesbury is looking good as I see it has an engine shed.

Any good source for information I. The station and yards circa 1930?

Cheers!

Harry

Hi Harry

what did you want to know I have a whole load of information on Aylesbury drawings maps etc. 

David

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...