Woodhead transfers

D56

Does anyone know what happened to these transfers, the ones I have left are now unusable ?

These sheets were fantastic, with lots of things you just can't find else where.

Please someone reintroduce them :rolleyes:

Guest stuartp

If they're unuseable because they've dried up or they disintegrate when you wet them they can be rescued.

Tape the sheet to a bit of board to keep it flat, with the adhesive side of the sheet towards you. Take care not to get sellotape on the transfers themselves:

post-270-12575926770636_thumb.jpg

Using a wide brush (1/2" or so), give the exposed side of the sheet at least two coats of decal emulsion. Microscale Liquid Decal Film works (www.hannants.co.uk if you local shop doesn't stock it), failing that any art or craft shop should be able to sell you something similar.

Then just use them like waterslide transfers. A couple of vehicles on my workbench thread use Woodhead transfers rescued like this, they must have been nearly 20 years old in some cases.

Does anyone know what happened to these transfers, the ones I have left are now unusable ?

These sheets were fantastic, with lots of things you just can't find else where.

Please someone reintroduce them :rolleyes:

I used Woodhead transfers pretty much exclusively until they disappeared from the market.

As there was nothing anything like as good available at the time I set to and produced my own - initially for my own use.

After mentioning this in a letter to MRJ I was prevailed upon to make my transfers available to other modellers - hence http://www.cctrans.freeserve.co.uk/ .

Suffice to say that these transfers are even sharper than the Woodhead ones were, and they're waterslide so they have pretty much an unlimited shelf life.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

• 2 months later...

Archived