Hessle Model Railway Group inaugural open day

the penguin of doom

bad news im afraid ,i,ve been to cafe knowles this morning and wendy took pity on me !!!!!!! dont think i,ll fit in car by saturday. im going to see francis in morning she allways thinks i look under nourished .........mali

I won't mention the flap jack that Mrs Penguin has made then. Just having a piece after late shift..... Mmmmm.....

Sorry to drag things back to that :sungum: This wee show will be the penultimate appearance of Brian's 'Bonchester Bridge' after around twenty years on the circuit,so the old girl had had a cermonial hoovering, and 'Port Pennan' has a new roll of sellotape allocated ;) Looking forward to Saturday.

Should I ask what the sellotape is for Pennine?..... It's sad news that 'Bonchester Bridge' is now on the home straight, but we're glad to have her gracing us with her prescence on Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers.....

Sean.

Hi all.

Well, the open day is less than 24 hours away now and I've just got back from the town hall with Mike. We've been measuring up and laying down the floor plan for tomorrow. I won't speak too soon - until the layouts are in - but schematically, it all fits.....

That's one less worry for me as opening time draws near! I'm off to work now, on late shift and don't finish till midnight. If it aint sorted now, it won't get sorted!

Only job left is to sort out what stock I'm going to take for my display.

Suggestions on a postcard please.....

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers.

Sean and the HMRG.

Should I ask what the sellotape is for Pennine?.....

Cardboard baseboards :sungum:

. I won't speak too soon - until the layouts are in - but schematically, it all fits.....

In the same way as schematically, I wont be up late and schematically, will be a faultless operator ;)

after a pleasurable day on the booksale table filling my face with cake and meeting new faces . i get home and the irish dragon had baked .isnt life nice .for our first open day i think we were all surprised at the number of people that that came to see us on such a glorious day .well done to all who supported us a sterling effort from all .and a big thanks to exhibitors for thier time and help . mali

An enjoyable couple of hours spent in Hessle this morning. I saw people from as far a Bridlington, South Yorkshire and Cleethorpes as well as as several of our own (Hull MRS) members.

Well done guys!

Hi all.

Well, I'm pleased to say that the open day went exceptionally well yesterday for all involved. We were all really happy at the number of people who came to see us and more importantly, we have made a little bit of cash for the group to put away for a rainy day.

So it just remains for me to say a big thanks to all of you out there in RMweb land who contributed to this thread, exhibited your fine layouts, or took the time to come to Hessle and say hello. It is you who spurred us on and helped to make the day such a success.

The general feeling amongst members is that we will do it again in the future and so till next time.....

Cheers.

Sean and the Hessle Model Railway Group.

Thanks for organising it Sean, was an interesting morning out, especially enjoyed chatting 4mm diesels with you, has spurred me on to see what bits and bobs I have on stock for potential butchery! Will definatly pop over one Wednesday to check out a "normal" club night.

I have a friend (Ben Dixon) on Magic, I was chatting to him the day before saying I would be on "the north bank" on saturday. A brief chat ensued and your exhibition was mentioned on their "whats on" guide.

I hope it did some good!

Btw it was nice to meet you, very nice show, great talking to all involved, I look forward to seeing you next year.

Ian

... for a rainy day.

Which it definitely wasnt yesterday :no:

So it just remains for me to say a big thanks to all of you out there in RMweb land who contributed to this thread, exhibited your fine layouts,

On behalf of Ken and Brian, I've no doubt you're quite welcome Sean. It was a really pleasant day despite the heat, and there's not many railway shows have a Viking as a steward ;)

As chairman of Hessle MRG (sounds grand but it isn’t really!) may I offer my thanks to all those who took part and all those who attended. It was a great day, attendance far exceeding my expectations and a good time seemed to be had by all.

Just a small beginning but hopefully it will have encouraged us to go on to bigger and better things in the future. The cakes were good too!

A few pictures.

The Mayor of Hessle with Mike & Sean (The Penguin of Doom) who were the two main organisers – well done chaps.

post-432-0-46898600-1317563813.jpg]

A couple of general views.

post-432-0-49227700-1317563830.jpg

post-432-0-54700700-1317563842.jpg

Bridshed layout – a work in progress.

post-432-0-49560900-1317563860.jpg

Hello Sean

Congratulations to you and the other members of Hessle MRC for your first exhibition - let's hope it becomes a regular event.

It was good to meet a fellow rmwebber and have a chat - will try to get along to the Town Hall one Wednesday in the not too distant future.

Mike

• 6 months later...

Sean,

I need to make contact with the owner of Bonchester Bridge.

I was vey late getting to the show after work today and saw the layout at York today but didn't make contact with him about purchasing the layout, because I needed to get the proper planning permission. This has now been given! and I'm seriously thinking about making a bid if it is still available.

Can you help.

Allan

Archived