Change here for Penhydd, Llangunllo & Bleddfa Road.

sparky

Hi Andrew, thanks for your kind comments which are much appreciated.

Colour matching can be a pain, I tend to use a very limited palette, mixing up various shades to suit my eye, whilst paying attention to world around me and the layout lighting.

I'm afraid resistance is futile when it comes to 7mm scale, I got the itch and just had to scratch it. Tim (CK) didn't help when he suggested I had a dabble, and now there is no going back :rolleyes:  I wasn't sure if the larger scale would suit my railway in the countryside ideas, and I guess I saw it as a kind of challenge, something to take me out of my comfort zone. But I'm pleased to say that I'm finding the whole experience to be very rewarding, it is true what they say about not needing much. Best advice I can give if you are trying to resist is don't buy a wagon kit, that was my downfall!

Geoff

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, sparky said:

Best advice I can give if you are trying to resist is don't buy a wagon kit, that was my downfall!

Geoff

Oh dear. I've two Terriers and a Manning Wardle, two ex Metropolitan Railway 4 wheel coaches, a number of private owner wagons. Also sleepers and rail. Just enough for a small WC&PR layout in 7mm. Heaven help me!!!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Thanks Pete, there is a long way to go yet, but I'm now coming to terms with 7mm scale modelling.

Cheers Tom, where have you been hiding? :-) 

I'm not as well as I could be at the moment Tom, so I've been cheering myself up by running a few trains.

Hope you are keeping well yourself.

Geoff

Sorry to hear that Geoff. 

I stepped away from modelling for a good few months as I struggled with my mental health. Cwm Prysor is still there, but I've not done much else on it.

I'm instead doing a realistic interpretation of the Rev Awdry's narrow gauge modelling 'The Skarloey Railway'. I've just about finished my first ever layout! 

Feel free to have a look.

240462749_10158672335912984_566280809444854130_n.jpeg.06a6ede46512335722ae3567f82f7fea.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, ullypug said:

Oh dear. I've two Terriers and a Manning Wardle, two ex Metropolitan Railway 4 wheel coaches, a number of private owner wagons. Also sleepers and rail. Just enough for a small WC&PR layout in 7mm. Heaven help me!!!

Sorry to say that there is no hope for you Andrew and no known medication to help, all I can say is go for it, you know you want to. :D  

55 minutes ago, Tom F said:

Sorry to hear that Geoff. 

I stepped away from modelling for a good few months as I struggled with my mental health. Cwm Prysor is still there, but I've not done much else on it.

I'm instead doing a realistic interpretation of the Rev Awdry's narrow gauge modelling 'The Skarloey Railway'. I've just about finished my first ever layout! 

Feel free to have a look.

240462749_10158672335912984_566280809444854130_n.jpeg.06a6ede46512335722ae3567f82f7fea.jpeg

Sorry to hear that you have been struggling Tom, hopefully completing your first layout will give you a lift. You have certainly created something special, I think its a brilliant piece of modelling and love it. I've had a look at your thread and will study it in more detail over the coming days.

As for myself, well I am a third of the way through treatment for prostate cancer, which in my case is curable.

Take care,

Geoff

• Friendly/supportive 11

• 2 weeks later...

Evening,

Just a quick update, it was my intention to upload a photo of the scenic fiddle yard, but thanks to a Windows update the photo below was shunted into a different folder. 

P1180802.JPG.e31b0955ef3b085af328dce3b903808c.JPG

I decided to use a scenic fiddle yard again, I admit they aren't everyone's cup of tea but for my style of operation they work just fine.

The bridge is based on the one at Blodwell Junction on the Tanat Valley Railway, whether it is still standing I couldn't say as I've not visited the area lately. It was constructed from 'Palight' foamboard, overlaid with DAS modelling clay into which the stonework was scribed. The brickwork is Slater's embossed sheet and the centre span was scratch built from plain styrene sheet.  The structure on the right will become a small limekiln,  and once I have tweaked the final design it will be covered in DAS, then scribed to match the surrounding stonework. A piece of Silflor grass mat has been dropped in place for the photo, it will eventually be torn into clumps and blended into various static grasses. In time the area out of view on the right will be turned into the old crossing keepers cottage garden.

P1180795.JPG.1aea7ec8ff0ac813ba5dbe2154da1f6c.JPG

Finally, AEC Railcar W22W arrives from Leominster via Kington and Presteign on a typical overcast Welsh Marches morning. This scene is also far from complete, an unkempt hedgerow will slowly be planted along the side of the station approach road, to blend into the backscene for starters.

Geoff

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...