St. Davids , turntable update.

two tone green

Hi Rich.

No offence taken. It's a good suggestion you have made as landscape mode for viewing of mobile phone video on a PC is much better.

On the phone it fills the screen. But sometimes to gain the depth you need for a shot portrait mode works and it's why I did not change over to landscape. It's all a compromise with more PC's using wide screen monitors portrait mode really is getting more difficult to use.

• 5 months later...

Its been a while since I posted anything so thought a small update on the turntable would not go amiss.

Its been painted. :boast:

This has also allowed me to finally fix the tracks around it which will allow buildings to be made up to fill the spaces.

post-6682-0-14676000-1516462214_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Hope your keeping well.  The turntable looks good, this is the Greenwoods one? .... I've been reading back to when you installed it originally, but how its is actually fixed to the baseboards?  It looks superb.   Have you tried operating it RR&Co software yet - how's that getting on with it?

Rich

The outer ring around the well covers a series of counter sunk screws that pass through the the turntable to securely fix it in place.

As for RR&Co, yes the turntable fully integrated into it so locos can be moved around the table automatically and onto any of the shed roads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi TTG, just wondering if there have been any developments lately?

This layout is the one that finally tipped me over the edge and convinced me that O Gauge is do-able and especially that I could get stock around tighter curves.

All the best

Mike

Hello Mike. Progress has been slow over 2018 on the layout side due to me being away rather a lot but the increase in stock still goes on.

I am though in the middle of a major update to my turntable with a new drive mechanism that will improve performance considerable. Once done I will post a video of it in service.

Archived