Artists paint brushes from Tesco

Coombe Barton

Spotted in Tesco Coventry Arena today - tube of 15 assorted non-branded 'artists' paint brushes for ??1.50. They were near stationery and in the artists materials shelves. Would not use on rolling stock topcoat but really OK for scenic work or fine dusting, flux, washing or similar tasks.

I bought two tubes. Should do me for a couple of years.

They do need a dunking in water to soften them, though.

Edit - just realised that we can classify Tesco as a 'smaller' supplier :)

• RMweb Gold

Spotted in Tesco Coventry Arena today - tube of 15 assorted non-branded 'artists' paint brushes for ??1.50. They were near stationery and in the artists materials shelves. Would not use on rolling stock topcoat but really OK for scenic work or fine dusting, flux, washing or similar tasks.

I bought two tubes. Should do me for a couple of years.

They do need a dunking in water to soften them, though.

Edit - just realised that we can classify Tesco as a 'smaller' supplier smile.gif

Agreede - Not good enough for most model work...

Fine for scenery though!

Now - where did I put the last ones I bought?

Guest eddie reffin

I bought some recently from the Inverness Tesco Extra- 12p for a pack of 15. Must have been clearing older stock but I didn't mind. Bought 8 packsunsure.gif

Cheers

Eddie

I have a couple of sets, like you say, use for scenics, as they shed their hairs faster than a cat can!

And thats a problem in itself even for the some of the more menial uses - I got some last time round specifically for using for MEK, scenics etc. Built a Parkside CCT recently and noticed that it shed hairs on the job, which had to be carefully picked off before they set in. Use with caution!

Lidl were doing a set of twelve sable brushes, from size 1 to size 4, in a few different formats, and being of Deutsche Qualite, they do not lose hairs. I think they were about ??0.99 or ??1.99, so represent a serious bargain. :D 'Cors, I bought quite a few sets.

As for T**co, I would not give them the drips off my nose, let alone my hard earned cash. :P

Handyman, IKBA

Archived