Building E68000 Tyneside BR Parcels car.

who Sean? this one was cream, was thinking on Modelmaster. but dont fancy buying lots of different packs of different sizes. other parts I need to source, would appreciate any advice on what are the best to get...

underframe. unsure what to do here, are parts positioned the same as an ordinary MLV, what needs to be added or left off and what part are best to use? Replica and Southern pride both do underframe parts.

buckeye coupling in dropped down position.

door hinges.

and any advice on the roof conduits please cheers Mike

Sorry Michael.

Should have typed "Fox". My banana fingers on an android phone strike again! I got a full set of transfers for the TP and seem to recall they do most stuff for the MK1 types in different shades. You have to be canny though and not necessarily search in the DMU section etc.

As for your buckeyes and hinges, I use Dart castings. I have some whitemetal buckeyes somewhere so don't go buying a pack of ten if you only need two. PM me and you can have a couple of mine.

Cheers.

Sean.

the transfers would do my ex LMS baggage car which I am also working on at the moment and have been over the last few days. Ive  had to put this one to one side until I get some mini drill bits for handrail holes, hopefully a freind will have picked some up for me at York.

working on both at the same time as Id like to paint them at the same time.

havent done much on it since the last update as ive been waiting to get hold of some mini drill bits and so attention was turned to my model of one of the other Liverpool bagagge cars.

whilst I was priming that, I thought it would be a good idea to prime this, as it would show up areas that need some more smoothing off or more filler, which you would not be able to smooth off if it had handrails fitted, it does need some smoothing off with wet n dry. which will be done and then ill do the handrails.

post-27-0-13858200-1365172861.jpg

• RMweb Premium

yeah there must have been a mix up as I did ask him for some,will ask again.

but the bogies Ive got are right?

Sorry Michael the bogie frames you have there are from BR class 504 and not from a class 501

the frames fitted to both the class 501 and the tyneside BR Parcel Car and the 2EPBs were either the standard BR Southern MK1 or MK4 Motor bogie frames (they look the same)

the part numbers from DCKits are : P137 Southern EMU Power bogie Sideframes - Pack of 10 and P147 SR third rail shoe beams pack of 16 £6.13

The parcels van had motor bogies at both ends and contained a pair of EE507s which gave it 1000hp not bad for a parcels car

I have added pictures of both the frames and shoe beams from DC kits, although i wish DCKits could put a picture of each part they offer in the Plastic & Etched Detailing & Spares pages would ease confusion.

gallery_2904_2621_47633.jpg             gallery_2904_2621_23757.jpg

hope this helps

CG501

ive done most of the handrails,bit of a laborious job, but done now, at least it didnt have them on every door.

the front end pipework I will drill out and make once ive sussed what to use for the electrical connectors etc, but will then leave off so I can mask and paint the small yellow warning panel.

it has an angle pipe instead of a handrail on the left front of the cab and I cant decide if it had 2 handrail knobs on it.

next job I think will be the roof conduit, that will have to be a bit of a guess and go by what others have done before.

it is sitting on one of the wet n dry abrasive sponges that I mentioned earlier, really good and can get 3 for £1 at poundland.

post-27-0-71683000-1365382575.jpg

if you cant get them there,because sometimes they dont have them, usually see them in places like aldi or poundstretcher type shops.

think I may have the front horizontal handrails under the windows a fraction too low, debating on adjusting them but will probably leave as is.

what can I do with regard the pieces numbered including the bufferbeam pipework, any suggestions for the best parts to get.

are any of this available as seperate parts from the Bachmann 2epb/mlv or are they moulded on?

just so I can sort the shopping list out, have spoken to Charlie P and he is going to send me the correct bogies.

also got to file 2 marks where the buffing plate was at the bottom, marked on the pic.

post-27-0-61736100-1365430980.jpg

if you cant get them there,because sometimes they dont have them, usually see them in places like aldi or poundstretcher type shops.

think I may have the front horizontal handrails under the windows a fraction too low, debating on adjusting them but will probably leave as is.

what can I do with regard the pieces numbered including the bufferbeam pipework, any suggestions for the best parts to get.

are any of this available as seperate parts from the Bachmann 2epb/mlv or are they moulded on?

just so I can sort the shopping list out, have spoken to Charlie P and he is going to send me the correct bogies.

For the cab end details you need the detail pack for the replica MLV. One each end I'm afraid.

Dave

also got to file 2 marks where the buffing plate was at the bottom, marked on the pic.

attachicon.gifm68000m.JPG

For the cab end details you need the detail pack for the replica MLV. One each end I'm afraid.

thanks Dave, I somehow missed the accessories part of the replica website earlier, ill get 2 of them, also noticed they do the periscopes, may get the cab interiors too.

for underframe a friend may have a spare Bachmann 2EPB underframe for me to chop bits off , but still havent got my head round the positioning of underframe bits yet or the roof.

ha, I thought you where talking about the model, or me :)

just went to order some roof conduit lighting boxes from the southern pride site, gave up, what a rigmarole, have to print off order form (havent got a printer) and send it off with a cheque  (no chequebook) and wont take card payment over phone. 

ha, I thought you where talking about the model, or me :)

just went to order some roof conduit lighting boxes from the southern pride site, gave up, what a rigmarole, have to print off order form (havent got a printer) and send it off with a cheque  (no chequebook) and wont take card payment over phone. 

Don't give up on the Southern Pride lighting box order Michael!  

They are really top-quality components.

All the best,

Colin

I will get them Colin, just means I have to ask the authorities, or wait until they attend a show, if they do?

Ive never studied southern region electrics before so this is all a learning curve, if it was a kit I would have built it by now, but I have to learn what all the bits are and where they go.

Gareth advised me to glue a brass square tube along the inside of the roof to prevent it warping in the future, which I will do but I want to put all the roof conduit in first.

so far I can see the roof lighting boxes(arrowed red), and what is holding the bar/tube/wire in other places looks like 2 pieces which could be made from some very fine wire (arrowed green)...

may help if I knew what all the conduit was actually for, Im guessing lighting but it seems an awful lot.

post-27-0-85375000-1365725341_thumb.jpg

Archived