BRM December 2010

Picked this up in Liverpool Lime St on Saturday for the train ride to London Town.

Product Reviews - Dapol N Gauge Britannia - Hornby Castle - L1 Tank - Hawksworth Coaches

Layout - Rowntree Halt - OO Gauge - 1950's

Scenic Modelling - Nigel Burkin creating realistic landforms

Train sets - Check out the available Train Sets

Readers Layouts

Layout Focus - Midhurst - Look forward to seeing this at Wigan

Layout Planning - M & SWJR Part two

Overbridges - Part Two

Weathering Locos - Part Two

Deeping MRC describe the addition of a Turntable to Canons Cross

ShowPreview Warley and Wigan - Strange that as sponsors of the Wigan Show they publish the dates of the exhibition as December 8/9 (Page 105)

A good read Midhurst looks really good.

Picked this up in Liverpool Lime St on Saturday for the train ride to London Town.

(snipped)

A good read Midhurst looks really good.

I found the article on Midhurst strangely unsatisfying although it does look good. It seems to assume that you know all about it from a previous article! No track plan either. Can't get to Wigan unfortunately

• RMweb Gold

I found the article on Midhurst strangely unsatisfying although it does look good. It seems to assume that you know all about it from a previous article! No track plan either. Can't get to Wigan unfortunately

I'd have welcomed a plan as well, especially as the layout looked "interesting".

Pretty good weathering article by Tim Shackleton, I thought - nothing groundbreaking but a good overview, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has problems with paint rubbing off the sides of footplates...

Can anyone confirm/deny that there's an article about detailing the O gauge Heljan Hymek in this mag? If so, is it any good?

I can confirm it Dave. Steve Harrod customises his own Heljan 7mm Hymek. I've been away this week so have only scan read it, but there are some nice photos of the cab interiors and other additional features such as the bogie step. Quite a weather worn example, but nicely done. Probably worth buying if you're doing your own loco.

• RMweb Premium

I too enjoyed Mr Shackleton's weathering feature, well illsutrated and a nice read. Midhurst nice (some scarily clever looking and well excecuted track) and I liked the simple concept of Rountree Halt.

I saw Rowntree Halt at York this year. It's even better in the 'flesh'. The backscene of the huge factory is very cunning.

I'm very envious of Midhurst.

Tim S does a good workshop at Hobby Holidays every so often - see your models come to life before your eyes!

36E

Archived