Trainwest 2011 - 9 & 10 April

Geoff Endacott

In the words of comparethemeerkat.com - shimples

Official Trainwest RMWebbers photo will be

Date: Sat 9th April

Time: 4.00pm

Venue: In front of Pallet Lane (Stand 31)

Nominated Camera person: will either be me (who is crap with a camera) or EWS JO (who is very good with a camera)

I am easy although I believe a number of RMWebbers will be tied up playing trains, lets go for 4 and we could always follow up with a 5pm exhibitors phot shoot if there is the appetite.

I will also be producing the layout voting form for RM web layouts award, these will be displayed in a prominent place probably by the entrance.

So there could be 3 photo shoots,

One each on Saturday and Sunday at an (almost) agreed time for visiting RMWebers,

and one on Saturday late in the exhibiting day for RMWeb exhibitors,

but will there be enough glass plate negatives to allow for such extravegence!....tongue.gif

Who's idea was this?

I will be finalising the layout award voting form tonight from the list in post 36 on this thread, so if you are exhibiting and your layout doesn't have a "yes" next to it then please let Geoff or myself know.

Great Central, thinking about you having a kip on the way, that's nice I thought.....

then I realised I will be by myself and have about 60 miles further to travel to Melksham than 'Deepcar' has from Nottingham.

This seems like bad self management on my part.

(And some say Wiltshire's in SWAGland too, or is it Cornwall that's to far....).

Great Central, thinking about you having a kip on the way, that's nice I thought.....

then I realised I will be by myself and have about 60 miles further to travel to Melksham than 'Deepcar' has from Nottingham.

This seems like bad self management on my part.

(And some say Wiltshire's in SWAGland too, or is it Cornwall that's to far....).

If I had a kip on the way I would get 5 mins sleep.... Nice to be local for once, will probably start getting invites from Northamptonshire now I have moved away!

• RMweb Gold

Wiltshire is definately in SWAGland, (my home county), and Cornwall is, well, near perfect - I lived near Redruth for a number of years in the eighties.

I will be at Trainwest along with my old friend John Greenwood (now a Cornish resident) helping out as guest operators on Basingstoke. Looking forward to it, Geoff has put together another cracking line up this year.

Jerry

The longest journey is faced by the Hospital Gates crew who have a round trip of 454 miles.

Geoff Endacott

Closely followed by Gox Hill Quarries with a round trip of 450 miles!!!

why do we do it?

Peter

...... more than 400 miles. I suppose that's what happens when you go for layouts which don't normally appear in this part of the world.

Mileage - that is what happens 'when you try to put on an Exhibition with the best that's available in the UK'..smile.gif in this part of the world.

Just to let you all know that unfortunately George Woodcock (Bedlam George ) and myself will NOT now be attending next week with Llydd Town.

I am sorry to say that George has been taken into hospital and will be in for several days at least.

We apologise for any inconvienience this may cause but i am sure you all agree that George's health is the priority and i hope like me you all wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Regards to All

Nobby (John)

Closely followed by Gox Hill Quarries with a round trip of 450 miles!!!

why do we do it?

Peter

Will be interesting to record the actual mileage on the route we are planning along the Fosse Way as non of the route planners I have checked show this route (satnav, online, etc.).

These vary from the shortest route via various Lincolnshire cart tracks :blink: at 400 miles round trip to the longest (fastest :unsure: ) route at over 500 miles :laugh_mini2:

Mal

>>"why do we do it?"

Well I'm currently working Mumbai for my sins and between coming home to the UK and then flying out again at the weekend all going to plan I'll be helping operate Mofa Mawr!

Indeed a strange dedication to our hobby :rolleyes:

Just to let you all know that unfortunately George Woodcock (Bedlam George ) and myself will NOT now be attending next week with Llydd Town.

I am sorry to say that George has been taken into hospital and will be in for several days at least.

We apologise for any inconvienience this may cause but i am sure you all agree that George's health is the priority and i hope like me you all wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Regards to All

Nobby (John)

Sorry to hear that but getting George mended has to be the priority. There is always next year.

Geoff Endacott

Archived