Bramal Road (Update)

simmo111

Hi all, Just though i would update you all on how Bramal Lane is comming on. This is my first post on the "New" forums so fingers crossed this all works :).

The layout has not had much work done or even run for a good six months due to us building our 14ftX9ft American layout set in the Tampa area of Florida. So about a month ago now we thought we would fire it up and give it a good few running sessions and thats where the next stage comes into plan after about a week of running we realised the layout was a bit "flat" and "boring" looking and so we came up with the idea of raising the whole station section of the layout onto a large viaduct section to give the layout more of a height dimension. We will be taking on the this task in the next few weeks and hopefully will get chance to upgrade some of the older sceanic work that was done a few years ago now. :rolleyes: Bellow are a few pics of the layout prior to "Demolition" ;) and a trackplans of the old and new sections.

OLDTRACKPLAN.png

^ The Old Track Plan

NEWTRACKPLANUPPER.png

^ The new "upper section" Plan

NEWLOWERTRACKPLAN.png

^ The new "lower section" Plan

And some old pics :unsure:

P9260211.jpg

P9260210.jpg

P9260216.jpg

Thanks for Reading,

Alex :)

I will try to get a close up of the 37 with the removed roof for you as soon as i get chance, but it does not have any interior detail :) it was made out of an old Hornby body shell, and yes that is the city of manchester stadium in the background and as you can probably tell i am a manchester city fan ;) and looking at that second picture i think we need to sort out that awful ballasting :unsure: i will add some more picture of the layout on monday with all the station and backscenes removed.

Thanks for the replys, :rolleyes:

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just an update on the progress so far on the layout. We have now finished the main structure of the upper level and we managed to save the arches from the old back scence and make them into sides for the upper section, i have now also started smartening the bottem section of the layout up with new bits of detail hopefully the track will be layed before christmas as we still need to purchase some concrete track from next weeks wigan show :D. The pictures bellow show the progress through its stages and i have yet to take some new pictures from the last couple of days work so the layout is a bit further on than in these pics now. unfortunatly the picture quality is not very good as they were taken on my Iphone. :unsure:

IMG_0789.jpg

^ The Planning stage :blink:

IMG_0788.jpg

^ Some more planning going on :O

IMG_0790.jpg

^ view with the peco shed removed

IMG_0792.jpg

^ Some pictures as requested of the 37

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

^ The new upper section

IMG_0799.jpg

^ The upper fiddle yard

IMG_0800.jpg

^ Pic with platform temporary in place (needs to be shortened)

IMG_0801.jpg

^ view of the shed back in its place and the new backscene with a fresh coat of blue paint

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

And the other end of the layout

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Alex

Thanks for the replys, the stands are from screwfix direct they cost £15 each and were delivered the next day and they can be adjusted to your preferable hieght. To cut the roof of the 37 we used a mini grinding disc in a dremal drill (the same ones used for cutting track) :)

Hope this helped :)

Alex

Few more up to date pics of the layout, iv now sorted out the awful ballasting, given the arches a "makeover" and also finished off the background behind the shed and on the entrace to the fiddle yard and also repainted the concrete apron as it was looking a bit shabby. :) Anyway a few more pics: ;)

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

^ The glue still wet on new ballast

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Thanks again for reading :)

Alex