Bachmann Desiro's

smg201

Now I can show you why I wanted to know about renumbering a 450. The link below takes you to fellow Loftus Road and Worthing MRC member James Makin's workbench. I asked James if he could make one of my 450's more easily identifiable when we run these on Loftus Road. Post number 792 is where all the trouble began...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/44066-james-makins-workbench/page-32&do=findComment&comment=2870927

With profuse apologies for the shameless plug for LR and James' work...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Is it possible to run the class 450 as a three car? Considering getting one but I only have a small layout.

Can't see any problems. The powered car (with the pantograph) will be in the middle with driving trailers at both ends. Staying in the box would be the other middle car (without pantograph).

Keith

• Like 1

Guest FairwayJunction

Is it possible to run the class 450 as a three car? Considering getting one but I only have a small layout.

Its your layout so you are free to do as you please however its not prototypical 

Guest FairwayJunction

Will the passenger lights work correctly ?

Ah well that's another issue, it really depends on how Bachmann have wired up the model and if their are circuit boards in each coach for the internal lights. I'm ordering mine soon however their should be information about the manual in the leaflet provided with the models. Fj

Ah well that's another issue, it really depends on how Bachmann have wired up the model and if their are circuit boards in each coach for the internal lights. I'm ordering mine soon however their should be information about the manual in the leaflet provided with the models. Fj

Thanks for your replies but yes this is what I am worried about. I love the look of the interior and cab lighting but wonder if it will work correctly if it is missing a centre car.

• 1 month later...

Should the 450 come with a speaker enclosure?

It mentions one in the manual but I don't have one with my set. Looks like I should have two small screws to

There is no room as it is in the silly position Bachmann have designed, be very carefull whit putting in the decoder as IF the speaker is put where Bachmann intend it to go you are very likely to blow it up with a dead short woth all the bare terminals.  We alway put the speaker inside the carriage with the biggest speaker you can get.

Charlie 'Legomanbiffo'

• Like 1

• 2 years later...