Farish Class 101

TomE

Heres a couple of quick shots of the BR blue version - destination blinds read 'Huddersfield' at one end and 'Bradford Exchange' at the other. It's a lovely model and very smooth running. Looks MUCH better in real life - the close-up flash spoils the look and makes it look 'plasticky' - rest assured, the finish is excellent and it really looks the part.

post-521-0-22135900-1320790195_thumb.jpg

post-521-0-78408800-1320790217_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Why is the bulkhead solid behind the windscreen when this was glass in the prototype and an outstanding feature?

Gerry

If it's anything like the previous farish DMU's the contacts for the pcb run up the back of this bulkhead. If you were prepared to solder wires to the pcb and the attachment points then you could find ways to sort this out.

Why is the bulkhead solid behind the windscreen when this was glass in the prototype and an outstanding feature?

Gerry

Although not especially applicable to the blue unit, in later years many units ran with the cab partition blinds lowered, thus denying passengers the view of the line ahead (but allowing the driver to pick his nose or scratch his backside in private :) )

STEVE

So a bit longer wait for my 3 car blue/grey from those Liverpudlian boxshifters then ;)

I've got one in my mitts here Pete - they're going to be worth the wait!

Pix

(PS - Still need to post your etches! Curses! They'll be in the post soon!)

• RMweb Gold

has anyone got any knowledge of where the blue/grey 3 car sets have got to?

just got an email from Hattons saying that my pre ordered blue grey 3 car 101 is expected to arrive 'on or after Thursday 17 November'....er...that's tomorrow!

not wishing to start any frothing you understand ;)

just got an email from Hattons saying that my pre ordered blue grey 3 car 101 is expected to arrive 'on or after Thursday 17 November'....er...that's tomorrow!

not wishing to start any frothing you understand ;)

Had my email too Pete,

Happy days :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

Stop making me jealous guys! There's no sign of them yet at my local emporium, and they have not received any notification from BachFar that they are imminent. I'm not even able to get to Warley:(

If it makes you feel any better...no emails from Hattons today... :(

I guess Bachmann will have wanted to have a few in time for Warley...so we all just have to sit it out... :yes:

• RMweb Gold
'Said item' being the Blue & Grey, Pete?

Absolutely - Blue Grey 3 cars in stock @ Hattons...

Also of note, Hattons have the Blue Grey 4 Cep in stock...oooohh...

What's that smell?....smells of burning plastic... ;)

I'll be dropping in at my local model shop to see if they've received their allocation of blue/gray ones yet. I have a credit note so I can't really shop else where, but I'll be over the moon if I walk out from there with one under my arm! Oh, and for those attending Warley this weekend, have a good time - I'll be thinking of you!!!!

• RMweb Gold

Hi, To right about smell of burning plastic, baked beans for the rest of year if lucky 3 Car here today runs a treat. I think I will redo front number as B430? or similar , need to source Bristol/ Weymouth for blinds or perhaps "special" .

A lovely model and well worth the wait.

Robert

Got mine today too Chaps (I ordered 2 sets as i'm gonna run one as a 2 car), absolutly chuffed :locomotive:

Did anyone find the boxes a tad difficult to open mind, very air tight i found, but i guess it secures the model for safe transportation.

Here's my units ....

post-5923-0-99721000-1321897358.jpg

post-5923-0-22911000-1321897374.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

My 3 car blue & grey 101 also arrived today. Looks great, just running it in as I type.

Was anyone else surprised that there was only one short replacement coupling with the centre car? I would have thought you would need two to close® couple the three cars together? i.e. to use four short couplings in total, but only three provided.

• RMweb Gold

hi Re coupling , If you use two short to each other then other than straight track no points terminus is your limit . I have fitted one med and one short to trailer and unite to "power" cars with the opposite size so [short]+[med/short]+[med] if that makes sense and nothing on ends. In this way I can run a power twin and still be close coupled. To note trailer is not configured for lighting as bogie not pin point pick up type so bang goes a quick power trailer set !

Robert

Archived