Dapol Class 21/29

spackz

Agree the turn under looks better. 

From a little research regarding the small rectangular vent below the large bodyside grille (which I hadn't previously noticed), this was not universally present on all 21s / 29s in photos and only appears to have been fitted on the side shown above.

Hopefully the production cab glazing won't have the prismatic effect which is noticable in the photos.

Looking very good overall though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It is the second EPS and it looks a lot better than the first, especially the body profile; I will definitely buy at least one!

Does anyone know if the tooling has been done to allow recessed tablet catcher versions...as many of them carried this, all the ones delivered new to Scotland

3 hours ago, paulbb said:

It is the second EPS and it looks a lot better than the first, especially the body profile; I will definitely buy at least one!

Does anyone know if the tooling has been done to allow recessed tablet catcher versions...as many of them carried this, all the ones delivered new to Scotland

The catalogue doesn't show any with the recess in the first tranche of models which show as coming fourth quarter of last year!  (although only showing the first EP photos) so it looks like the site needs updating: 

http://www.Dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/85/index.html

I was hoping they might do D6123, the first 29 conversion which retained disc headcodes but no sign of it as yet.

Edited by Signaller69
Add to info.

On 06/03/2019 at 16:06, Signaller69 said:

I was hoping they might do D6123, the first 29 conversion which retained disc headcodes but no sign of it as yet.

As that's a unique proposition, in the scheme of things I would be delighted to see the most common version actually appear, if anything!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, 'CHARD said:

As that's a unique proposition, in the scheme of things I would be delighted to see the most common version actually appear, if anything!

Yes I might be expecting too much.....may have to be another Bachby hybrid.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It looked good to me and I had a long chat with the sound engineer about how they were going to produce a sound file. Apparently it’s a mash up of a MAN engined loco from Ireland and some UK sounds but they’re still struggling with the Paxman engine for the 29. 

I was told late Summer for release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/03/2019 at 16:32, PaulG said:

Excellent, D6121 delivered new to Ipswich in 1959 and this completes all the early diesel types allocated to former GER sheds.

Almost. The past issues of the Heljan Class 05 are not the correct version to represent Great Eastern ones.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Today is 3081 days since the 21 is announced, putting it at 8.43 years.

By comparison D6120 was introduced on 7th July 1959 and withdrawn 31st Dec 1967 giving a service life of 8.42 years, and being the 29th class member withdrawn of the class of 58 built, and so represents a gestation of the model being longer than the service life of 50% of the real fleet.

D6102 had a service life of 12 years.

D6157 had a service life of just 7 years.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

• 4 weeks later...