RTR HST in T Gauge

Adam1701D

• RMweb Premium

That was running impressively slowly. That was more than a crawl at about the 4 minute mark. I do wonder why they didn't clean the wheels on the other unit to allow it to carry on as I don't see how dirty wheels would be caused by the controller.

How fantastic to see some British stock in this scale. I've enjoyed seeing videos of the original Japanese models, but the HST makes the whole thing seem more "real" to me. I could actually envisage trying to find room for a 'T' layout now... what's next, I wonder - an APT? Here's hoping!

Find room?laugh.gif

Before seeing what is possible with slow speed running, I had only thought of T gauge as a means to make 'train running through the landscape at speed' sorts of layouts, which would tend to occupy the same space as a conventional layout. The ability to run slowly makes micro-micro layouts, a single line terminus or shunting yard, a possibility.

Could be scope for an RMWeb competition, a layout in a T-tray!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 9 years later...
On 26/11/2010 at 09:08, Captain Electra said:

Details and pictures here:

http://www.tgauge.co.uk/product/109/0/br-inter-city-125/e5387330c9aa607f56592969a238f7bc

T Gauge seems to be really growing in popularity and the quality of some of the newest models no longer puts it in the novelty executive toy category. With the right controller, the trains are responsive with good slow-speed running, so the first RTR UK item can only be a good thing.

TGauge is great! I have 2 HST starter sets with different track sizes which allows you to run 1 oval of track inside the other, thus giving you a very basic layout. I also have the very basic EWS 67007 starter train set where you only get 1 loco, an oval of track & a battery operated controller. I've since bought a 2nd stand alone EWS 67007 loco to add to the existing loco & they both run excellently together! It would be good if TGauge could do some DMU train sets with 2 or even 3 cars! TGauge unlike Z gauge has really taken off in the UK with UK rolling stock & as technology improves, I can only seeing TGauge improving! Below is a video link of my basic TGauge double oval track layout!:dancer:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ak-2LtKBk-iUgjHUOAH_swgKmfRk

Edited by Zorch
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Crikey, resurrecting an 11 year old thread!

I keep being tempted by T as a bit of a giggle. Could 3D print so much stuff, not like it would need to be super detailed!

• Like 1

That would be good. N gauge is my main scale for modelling in but I really do love TGauge for it's novelty. It's almost like you could do a layout on top of a birthday or Christmas cake as decor, it's so small!

• RMweb Premium

You can get DCC now (and T scale really needs it for usable speed control) but you might have a long wait for sound.

There is a fabulous model of the Forth rail bridge that has been seen at a few exhibitions, and his new layout that might be complete by the end of this year looks like it will be a cracker too.

Lots of T gauge stuff available on Shapeways.