The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

IIRC the rule states the ball cannot be thrown into the net. 

More properly, the Laws state that the ball must touch another player to count. If that doesn't happen, and the taker throws into his own goal, it's a corner to the opposition; in the opponent's goal it's a goal kick to the opposition

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I was going to have a moan about yet another feeble Leicester City performance this evening but it seems trivial and irrelevant now compared with:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11537871/helicopter-crashes-outside-king-power-stadium

Given that its now a considerable time since the serious crash, its not looking too good for any that were aboard at the time.

A sad weekend for football. I do hope that Glenn Hoddle pulls through. Thoughts also to the family of the Brighton fan who passed away after being taken ill at their game.

As a Derby County fan I do not have many fond thoughts towards Leicester City. However I was pleased when they broke the big club dominance of the Premier League. The fact is, club rivalries disappear in the face of the sort of tragedy seen at the King Power Stadium on Saturday evening. My thoughts and condolences to the family of those who perished in the terrible accident and also to all Leicester staff, players and fans. The owner seemed a genuine person who did plenty for the club and the city unlike some foreign owners. He leaves a lasting legacy and many good memories.

I think there should be a special mention for the bravery and skill of the pilot who, by the sound of eye witness reports, managed to steer the struggling aircraft away to a quiet corner of the car park possibly avoiding even more fatalities.

Poignant scenes in Cardiff yesterday. Credit to the Leicester players for playing the game, especially Kasper Schmeichal who was clearly struggling during the pre-match silence.

Less understanding thoughts to another goalkeeper, ex Ram Lee Camp is hardly the most popular figure in these parts - so nice to see him embarrassed twice at Pride Park as the Rams woke up in the second half to bounce back for another good win.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy,

away from Football. Went with my mate who's blind for a drink in the "Harvester " @ Pride Park just over a week ago and it Was pouing buckets. Got a £50  parking ticket this morning !!  Parking cameras in a Boozer Car Park, what next.

Regards Grumpy Del.

Andy,

away from Football. Went with my mate who's blind for a drink in the "Harvester " @ Pride Park just over a week ago and it Was pouing buckets. Got a £50  parking ticket this morning !!  Parking cameras in a Boozer Car Park, what next.

Regards Grumpy Del.

Did you park in the Harvester car park?

Did you pay at the machines? You get a refund on the parking price inside the pub.

We usually are at Pride Vets and walk across. It was hissing down so heavy we just went inside. I will know in future and will just have to bite the bullet and pay  :stinker:

Thanks Andy.

just got to say well done to Arbroath fc 10 points clear +24 goal difference and unbeaten this season 

Whilst in the Highland League, Fort William are 10 points adrift, -7 points (yes, minus 7, they were docked 9 points early on) and goal difference of -118 after 18 games.

Edited by Steve K

We usually are at Pride Vets and walk across. It was hissing down so heavy we just went inside. I will know in future and will just have to bite the bullet and pay  :stinker:

Thanks Andy.

We nearly got caught out. We go in there a lot and I nearly did not spot the pay machines.

Been back in there since and YES there is a sign just as you go in. The sign outside said Free Parking for Disabled and as Wayne is Blind and has a Blue Badge I assumed we were OK.  I didn't see the smaller print about putting your number into a console inside the Pub. To be honest at that time I didn't want Wayne to fall over, so wasn't really looking.

One of the barmaids (The Lovely - Sue said as we were from Guide Dogs she would have a word with the Manager.

Wayne chimmed in with see if he will turn a Blind Eye to it. He is a one. Bet me that he had a 7 foot Robin in his garden. I smelt a rat. He has though he bought it in an auction held in Nottingham for a Hospice

Good job I didn't mention QPR or the fine may have got doubled. :jester:  :jester:

Edited by CUTLER2579
  • Like 2