The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Unexpected early Christmas present of three points courtesy of Chelsea this afternoon. Leicester rarely get anything at Stamford Bridge.

Nearly as good as Palace winning at Man. City.

• Like 1

But what is going on at Man City?

Can't seem to take their chances... Both games we've lost we've had plenty of chances but not converted them (or converted them rugby-style!)... I'm hoping it'll click back into place shortly though I agree a 4 point lead by LPL is not good, we'll have to win against them now... Only half way through, though, so plenty of time yet...

Edited by Hobby

"United sell newspapers, tv, everything, you may not like it but it's fact."

In the words of Metallica this is 'Sad But True'. However, this does not make it right. MU are JUST ONE CLUB and have no automatic

or divinity-given right to be in that position.

steve

• RMweb Gold

I know that managers should not charge onto the pitch during the game. But have the "authorities" completely lost sight of the fact that the game should be about having some fun.

To me, apart from his obvious coaching ability, what makes Klopp so much the right man for Liverpool is that he does show his enthusiasm, passion and humour. Best man for the job since Shankly.

And, just in case any  of you have forgotten my allegiances, I am an Everton supporter.

You’re forgetting about a certain Mr Bob Paisley. Shankly made Liverpool a great team, Paisley made them the best in the world. 20 trophies in nine years, including 3 European Cups.

• RMweb Premium

Found Jose Mourinho's autobiography remaindered today.

Not sure when it was published, but the best chapter on the current season won't be in it. I think I'll pass on the 'Unemployed again, but laughing all the way to the bank, one'.

Why is it that football supporters are such pessimists?

Turns out I was wrong then and it's been a wonderful Christmas with 6 points when I was expecting none.

Playing without the ball may still suit Leicester better than Puel's pass it across the pitch aimless possession football - 34% possession today, but having nearly as many goal attempts as Man.City and one more on target with an enforced more direct style of play.

Man. city seemed strangely "off " today with their passing not up to their normal standard and Aguero had clearly left his shooting boots on the bus.

No doubt normal service will be resumed against Cardiff on Saturday, who I assume will probably park the bus, and Leicester will have no real clue how to break them based on past home performances against other mediocre or poor sides so far this season.

Still I'll take being top of the Also-Rans Premiership Table at the half way point of the season after being all over place for several games in the aftermath of the helicopter tragedy.

So O G S and his ‘play when they want’ mob beat a team fourth bottom of the league. The news reporters are dreaming of a great United revival. Wait until the players do not want to play, again.

And Cardiff City were managed by OGS (after Malky Mackays indiscretions was him sacked) and he took us from 17th in the Premiership to 17th in the Championship.

Management should be easy when of the £365million your predecessor spent, the £89million spent on Pogba alone exceeds the current market value of the complete Cardiff squad.

So, Cardiff shipping 5, the first two being deflections, the third a penalty, isn't too great a new dawn at the Theatre of Dreams.

The latest incoherent pre-match ramblings from Claude Puel:

"We have a lot of disappointment from Saturday and afterwards a lot of teams can play this ranking in the table.The calendar is so difficult and a lot of teams can play a good ranking in the table until the end."

I wonder which Leicester City side will wash up at Goodison Park this lunchtime - will it be Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde - who knows?

• RMweb Gold

You’re forgetting about a certain Mr Bob Paisley. Shankly made Liverpool a great team, Paisley made them the best in the world. 20 trophies in nine years, including 3 European Cups.

No I have not forgotten Bob Paisley who, as you say, won the most trophies as Liverpool manager. But I still rate Klopp and Shankly ahead of him.

The latest incoherent pre-match ramblings from Claude Puel:

"We have a lot of disappointment from Saturday and afterwards a lot of teams can play this ranking in the table.The calendar is so difficult and a lot of teams can play a good ranking in the table until the end."

A bit harsh - I'd have struggled to do better in French!

and so to the romance of the cup and for Oldham caretaker manager Pete Wild it must  all feel like a dream as he gets to lead the latics out at Craven Cottage in front of a traveling army of 3800+ tics one of whom would of been him with his train and match tickets booked in advance now the former youth team coach gets to live a fans dream