Waverley Route Stations

DaveArkley

What chance of bashing one of those out of a Farish A2 I wonder? The cab and boiler are the same.

Thought you might like that, given your project!  I'm no expert on the Thompsons, hopefully there are savvy LNER pacific devotees watching though...

Thought you might like that, given your project!  I'm no expert on the Thompsons, hopefully there are savvy LNER pacific devotees watching though...

It puzzles me a bit that Canal was never allocated A2s to replace its A3s, I would have thought they would have suited the line much better. Smaller driving wheels and a bigger firebox.

It puzzles me a bit that Canal was never allocated A2s to replace its A3s, I would have thought they would have suited the line much better. Smaller driving wheels and a bigger firebox.

Interesting really, because at that stage it wasn't as if St Margarets had responsibility for all motive power on captive services, as became the norm post-Canal. 

Kingmoor bailed out Haymarket from time to time, for sure, but it was generally locomotives rostered from 64B that took care of business.

What chance of bashing one of those out of a Farish A2 I wonder? The cab and boiler are the same.

It might be possible, certainly in 4mm someone did a resin conversion kit to convert the Bachmann A2 into the A2/3. The front of the cab is different though, the A2/1 retained the V fronted cab from the V2.

Archived