Lancaster Green Ayre - The Barn Owls have returned.

jamie92208

• RMweb Gold

Why not solder some brass strips across the top of the sides and glue some small magnets to them then solder some steel strips across the inside of the roof. That way you can take the roof on and off whenever you like.

Regards Lez. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Why not solder some brass strips across the top of the sides and glue some small magnets to them then solder some steel strips across the inside of the roof. That way you can take the roof on and off whenever you like.

Regards Lez. 

Thanks for that Lezz I'll have a look at that. 

Jamie

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good evening from a dark and damp Charente.   I've had a few sessions in the shed over the past few days and progress has been made.   I've also ordered some L and Y coach tan  but have no idea when I will get it.  

Anyway my first task a couple of days ago was to start on some interior stuff for the coach.   An afternoon playing with plasticard produced this.

PC103625.JPG.0a76aeb08cb741a0a92ec1db14e91e12.JPG

Now I need to make some easy chairs and a sofa.   I also need to find out what colour scheme the Lanky used on their interiors.

Yesterday I glued the ventilators on and today started soldering the remaining details such as handrails and gas lamp control gear.   This evening I started t sort out what to do about the three missing axleboxes and springs.

I found some Midland style ones and started butchering them.

PC123626.JPG.d520c46832b2948183d514909dbdf77a.JPG

This was the end result on the first one,

PC123627.JPG.822d88ca52aec679d69169740228a393.JPG

It's not perfect but will anyone notices when the coach is running round in a train.   I do have some nice etched axlebox covers that say L & Y.

Jamie

• Like 7