Pimp my Multimaus!

Hi all DCC fans!

I use the Roco Multimaus digital system, and of course I do appreciate that they have done a very ergonomic handset.

But the designer that chose the color ought to have been sent on retraining :D

post-6867-093149400 1291662737_thumb.jpg

Sure, the red may well be neat, but not on a controller .... Looks almost a bit "so" ....;)

I did this to mine today:

Dismantling it took about 5 minutes, of which three minutes were spent finding a suitable screwdriver ...

post-6867-060983200 1291662904_thumb.jpg

I cleaned the cover with soap and water, and mixed in a little spirit to accelerate the evaporation.

Then I primed it with a black primer:

post-6867-044835800 1291662957_thumb.jpg

Then came the real fun :).

I wanted a personal touch, so I thought that I would have stars on the upper part of it, clouds in the middle and fire at the bottom.

I used white in my Iwata CM-B airbrush to sketch it up freehand:

post-6867-013030300 1291663018_thumb.jpg

post-6867-010283400 1291663091_thumb.jpg

The back got a little more clouds and a locomotive at the bottom (it IS a Train accessory after all...).

Then I added the colors from light to dark and I finished with some white for highlights.

This is how it looks before Varnishing:

post-6867-075281700 1291663116_thumb.jpg

I finished it with a satin-finish spray varnish which I let dry for about five hours before I assembled it:

post-6867-061858000 1291663153_thumb.jpg

post-6867-066873300 1291662826_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the result, now there is no doubt about whose hand control it is ;).

It would be great if Roco could sell the shells separately, then I could paint a lot of them for easy replacement (so you wouldn´t have to wait for it ;)).

Does anyone have a broken Multimaus that could sell the casing?

Thanks for the comments on the paintjob :).

I have sent some pics to Roco, and I have also talked to the Swedish importer about the possibilities of getting some extra shells for the Roco Multimaus, the Lenz LH 100 and set 90.

Real fun to make actually, and it´s a wee bit smaller than the Scania´s and Volvo´s that I custom paint normally....;)

Nice one! I've been wondering what to do with mine… something more Mondrian is perhaps more within the scope of my modest talent.

Maybe you've started something here… kind of reminds me of the old M3 art racing cars that BMW comissioned in the late 80s.

Thanks for the comments on the paintjob :).

I have sent some pics to Roco, and I have also talked to the Swedish importer about the possibilities of getting some extra shells for the Roco Multimaus, the Lenz LH 100 and set 90.

Real fun to make actually, and it´s a wee bit smaller than the Scania´s and Volvo´s that I custom paint normally....;)

OT, but reminds me of the Scania Centurions that were pimped up in Scotland with Terminator artwork, mid to late nineties I think.

Hi all, I checked with Andy, and it´s allright for me to make some promotion for the painting services I can provide.

If someone is interested in a custom painted handset. Please contact me through PM or E-mail for more info, regarding pricing and what I can do for you on your handset.

Best regards: Michael Graff

I have some great ideas for Lenz LH 100´s as well ;)

LH100_2009.jpg

Archived