Peco 0-16.5 track

Please can someone kindly give me the sleeper sizes (width and thickness and length of the plain track) for Peco 0-16.5 track and turnout sleepers, as there are no details on the Peco website.

Are the turnout sleepers the same size as the plain track sleepers as they are in their 00 gauge track ?

And am I correct in thinking they are code 100?.

Thanks in advance

The sleeper sizes are nominally 33 x 5 x 2.7 mm on the flexible track which is Code 100.

The sleepers on the LH, RH and Y turnouts are the same depth and width but obviously vary in length depending where in the point the sleepers are.

Distance between sleeper centres is 12.5mm.

Karl thanks, with your info I started to quickly knock up a quick sample piece.

post-1131-083731100 1291709506_thumb.jpg

I have been asked to see if building a very sharp radius is feesable. I had started some work on some much larger radius narrow gauge turnouts a while ago, but your info allowed me to refine the plans as I altered them to a much sharper radius. Thanks again

John

How are you going to tackle the 'sharp' end of the point blade where it nestles up against the stock rail? Cut the foot of the stock rail or the blade? Unfortunately all my PW reference material is for BH rail...

Richard

Richard

For this one yes I am filing a rebate, I have also filed the point blades flat just for speed. I have finished the turnout and have made notes of how I can improve the build.

A Hornby 0-4-0 runs through it nicely as does one of the later Margate Hornby 0-6-0s, the earlier ones don't. I have no idea what the chap is going to run. I just used some old scrap rail and some SMP sleepering. Also I have no idea if he is going fine scale or universal.

post-1131-044042400 1291762199_thumb.jpg

The plastic rail joiners work as a good hinge, and it looks a bit quaint. The V is slightly off centre and the blades stop a bit short of the rebate, the Filing of the V's is a bit overdone. I need to find a better method of curving the rails. A good learning curve, but might need a mk2 if he wants bigger chassis to work through it, but I guess if you want sharp radius like these then it would be 4 coupled and not 6 couples locos

It will look better with C&L 7mm sleepering and perhapps Peco code 82 flatbottom rail.

Archived