O Scale Class 14 kit

F-UnitMad

To be honest I am having a break from this model at the moment, until this issue is sorted one way or another my heart just isn't in it at the moment. I'm sure everyone will understand.

If anyone comes up with any more useful information in the meantime, do please shout up!!

Jordan, there's nothing I can do to help (I wish there was, and I understand your feelings), but I think it unfortunately bears out a comment I made elsewhere recently, about the folly of giving people second and third chances. There are enough 'real life' problems getting in the way of our modelling without this sort of nonsensesad.gif

Jordan, there's nothing I can do to help (I wish there was, and I understand your feelings), but I think it unfortunately bears out a comment I made elsewhere recently, about the folly of giving people second and third chances. There are enough 'real life' problems getting in the way of our modelling without this sort of nonsensesad.gif

Thanks for the support, Pennine... Andy has expressed his regret at ever letting him back in, and a couple of others have told me they didn't twig it was him at first as they thought he was still banned from before! At least I was the last one (I hope!) he ripped off on this Forum!

I have been informed that he has joined the "North East Gauge O Modellers" group (around Tyne & Wear way? - can't find a website.) and is due sometime to give a talk there on loco scratchbuilding!!. If anyone here knows anyone there, or is a member, then BE WARNED...!!!

Quoted for truth.

F-Unit, I hope, sincerely, it all works out in the end. Besides, you have a veritable army of modellers on here as your support. :)

RMweb standing together, and all that!

It's just a thought, but isn't what he is doing illegal? doesn't it ammount to theft or fraud or something like that. surely there is some thing that can be done to bring this s**m bag to justice. Jordan has made a terrific job of the class 14 and this b**l on the face of humanity has robbed him of the joy of building it, not to mension the chassis.

last contacted me on 21st March.

Always one to throw the down trodden a rope ...

We are sure here that this guy has no excuse (illness, bereavement, ...) ?

I gather there are other issues with other folk, but there may be a reason ... other than any criminality - lets be sure of the facts.

I've had periods off-line and in hospital that have made communication near impossible. It could be similar.

.... on the other hand perhaps a knot on the end might be appropriate.

I hope it is resolved to the satisfaction of all.

Ian claimed to be having PC and ISP problems on his 2010 Challenge layout thread in early February, although his last post (on the 16th Feb)suggested that the problems would soon be fixed.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/3386-byker-gate-7mm-br-ne-suburban-station-junction/page__view__findpost__p__78360

I'd like to think that there is a reasonable explanation for him not getting in touch with you, Jordan. Good luck in recovering your chassis.

Ian claimed to be having PC and ISP problems on his 2010 Challenge layout thread in early February, although his last post (on the 16th Feb)suggested that the problems would soon be fixed.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/3386-byker-gate-7mm-br-ne-suburban-station-junction/page__view__findpost__p__78360

I'd like to think that there is a reasonable explanation for him not getting in touch with you, Jordan. Good luck in recovering your chassis.

Euh hang on...! His last post reads thusly... :blink:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:59

Gentlemen,The ongoing computer problems appear to be getting worse and to be quite honest, I`ve given up hope and lost interest, so this is my last post. I would just like to say thankyou to one and all for the kind remarks over the work shown on the threads and good luck with your railway modelling.Kind regardsIan

That seems pretty clear cut to me, frankly!

Obviously some of you guys haven't read this entire thread ie :- I have had a reply to an email I sent to Pete Waterman, about Ian Jones. The gist of it is that Pete has no contact details for him; he still has some of Pete's models, and Pete ends "I hope you find him"... !!.

As S.A.C Martin has said "That seems pretty clear cut to me, frankly". I also gave him the benefit of the doubt last time, but it seems there is no smoke without fire. sad.gif Mind you I never was a good judge of character. huh.gif

Martyn.

How many of you has he ripped off????

OzzyO

Hi F-unit.

I had been meaning to read this post from the start a few weeks ago, but have been away, so started reading about an hour ago! The model and progress is spot on and a credit to your skill.

I was saddened to read the last page or so and am not fully aware of the full facts, so won't "comment" on it for now. I do hope you are able to complete this model though, either with the correct chassis or perhaps scratch building a second - your skills would appear to have developed sufficiently to at least "have a go". If not, will the kit supplier not supply the required parts. We all like an all's well that ends well story and it would be great free marketing for the kit supplier?

Just a musing, but keep the faith. A great percentage of us out here are rooting for you.

Cheers.

Sean.

...will the kit supplier not supply the required parts. We all like an all's well that ends well story and it would be great free marketing for the kit supplier?

Thanks Shaun.

Yes I have a contact and should be able to get the parts from the supplier, and the Slaters wheels.. this however will require time to raise more funds...

Sorry to see this tale Jordan. This fellow seems to have gained a reputation for unreliability, whether it is is intentional or otherwise. I can't see what he would gain by holding on to your chassis. Maybe there is a genuine problem, but from Pete W's experience maybe not.

Lets hope it can be resolved by him returning it or you'll just have to write it off and obtain replacement parts, which is pain.

But we'll all like to see your loco finished, most of us have challenges along the way - breaking stuff, loosing bits etc all thats part of the joy of kit building, rarely do we have to replace an entire component part as in your case!

Don't be discouraged.

Regards

Tony

Sorry to see this tale Jordan. This fellow seems to have gained a reputation for unreliability, whether it is is intentional or otherwise. I can't see what he would gain by holding on to your chassis. Maybe there is a genuine problem, but from Pete W's experience maybe not.

Lets hope it can be resolved by him returning it or you'll just have to write it off and obtain replacement parts, which is pain.

I think if you read the thread thoroughly, and take particular note of the eBay angle, you will see plainly what he would gain from (not) holding onto the chassis. angry.gif

I think if you read the thread thoroughly, and take particular note of the eBay angle, you will see plainly what he would gain from (not) holding onto the chassis. angry.gif

I think what perhaps might help a lot is keeping an eye on that particular account; if he's changed the name five times before, he may do so again...and if the item in question pops up, then alert ebay RE "Stolen Goods".

However, that is on the basis, as has been said previously, of assumed guilt. Is it not presumed Innocent until otherwise proven guilty? The evidence for and against here stacks against him quite heavily...but that does not allow us a right to find him guilty without following the correct procedures, of course.

That said - not helping his cause by, ah, "disappearing" again...

However, that is on the basis, as has been said previously, of assumed guilt. Is it not presumed Innocent until otherwise proven guilty? The evidence for and against here stacks against him quite heavily...but that does not allow us a right to find him guilty without following the correct procedures, of course.

That said - not helping his cause by, ah, "disappearing" again...

I think that if Ian, Nortonian, The Minister, was to be reading this that he would have said something by now to try to prove his innocence.

No new posting on EBay at the moment.

OzzyO.

I'm a glass half full person, and my default position is to see the good in people; to a point of naivety some would say. I'm also a firm believer in giving people a fair chance, and that extends to those who may have split- or Walter Mitty personalities, or have a blurred concept of right and wrong through some mental condition.

Let's hope there's a perfectly justifiable reason for this AWOL period (it's not unknown for people to go under the radar, for a multitude of factors), and our faith in our fellow modellers is restored in due course. It's perhaps a shame that a friend could not vouch for this missing person, if there are extenuating circumstances in play.

I suspect that no-one is vouching for him as this kind of disappearance with other peoples stuff isn't entirely out of character...

Sorry to hear of your troubles Jordan - I hope you manage to track the ba**ard down.

Thanks again to all for the support; I am being somewhat overwhelmed by PM's about this at the moment; they are ALL appreciated, but do please bear with me if I don't respond directly & immediately to you all..?!

At least some things are constant; several of you have sent me the same postal Address and Email Address, both of which I have tried to contact him through. I neglected to send the letter Recorded/Sign For, but the next one will be...

I too give people the benefit of the doubt; I have been giving him that for about two months, after he promised my chassis was "nearly finished", then last month would be "in the post next week"... in the meantime I have been finding out about his record...

Re the chassis parts & ebay; the Slaters wheels alone would be worth something; the parts by themselves not much- but if he'd eventually had the whole kit off me (he did "volunteer" to paint the body for me!) then that would have been worth a great deal...!!

Following sound advice, can I just ask that we refrain from using words like 'theft' for a while..? I should clarify I voluntarily sent him the parts; no actual timescale of construction was agreed (though I would say 5 months was adequate, if he was really trying to help me?) and he did not want (or got) payment for the work.

Finally, he can't come on here to explain himself anymore, he's banned (again...), and the lack of a stampede of 'friends' to defend him also speaks volumes, does it not..??

Finally, he can't come on here to explain himself anymore, he's banned (again...), and the lack of a stampede of 'friends' to defend him also speaks volumes, does it not..??

On this point I think you should not read anything into that. I am sure that there are many of us, probably me included, who do not have "close friends" who are also modellers AND members of RMWeb. This social networking thing using computers is an odd phenomenon and not one participated in by all - even railway modellers.

Also, despite being banned there is a mechanism to contact Andy by email - or even through other members. But no computer means no email and he wouldn't even be aware of this discussion.

If his last contact with you was on 29th March indicating it was in the post ... I'm not sure the "reasonable" clock has run out.

Following sound advice, can I just ask that we refrain from using words like 'theft' for a while..? ...

Just a point about the ban; I'm sure that if Mr Jones were to contact Andy by other means, then Andy would convey anything relevant.

You make another good point in the first passage here Jordan - whilst we're all naturally supporting you on this, I've had to remove two particularly inappropriate posts from the topic suggesting what should be done with Mr Jones, and it would be best if the more excessive sentiments were kept in check, please.

In fact it might be best if all general speculation ceased now, things do seem to be getting a bit circular. That's not to say that members shouldn't show support of course, I'm sure that aspect is helping Jordan a great deal.

Cheers.

If his last contact with you was on 29th March indicating it was in the post ... I'm not sure the "reasonable" clock has run out.

The last contact was on 21st March, and saying it should be in the post soon... 4 weeks now. Also bear in mind he offered on Page 5 to post pictures of the chassis build on my thread (again, "next week"- back in December!); go look for them... Under other circumstances, I'd agree with you, but past reputation would suggest circumstances are now somewhat different...

Can I concur with Mod2...? All I really want is my chassis back, either fixed as promised or still in bits, it doesn't matter which.

Can I concur with Mod2...? All I really want is my chassis back, either fixed as promised or still in bits, it doesn't matter which.

Hello Jordan,

any news on the chassis yet?

Hello all,

if you get chance have a look on Railnuts and see some more on Ian Jones, some of it is sad reading.

OzzyO

Archived