O Scale Class 14 kit

F-UnitMad

Possibly, although I doubt he'd dare rear his head here again anyway. Having said that, it would seem he popped up under the latest alias after being banned before, so you never now.

According to no less an authority that Pete Waterman (writing on Rail Nuts), the man in question is in the process of setting up a new website. Members of a cautious disposition may, therefore, want to take a deep breath before entering any dealings with http://www.precisionmodels.co.uk/ .

I didnt read all the thread,has he done a runner with the chassis or offered a service and not done it? Im guessing the chassis came with the kit and was sent on to banned guy?

Frame.

Hello Frame,

if you go to page 6 and start reading from message 132 all will become clear to you.

OzzyO.

Information I received last Friday 16th...

I have had a text and phone call from Ian Jones. He is at the moment working away from home in the Scottish Highlands but intends to be back middle of this coming week. The loco frames mentioned will then be dispatched. Hope this is of some help.

I make that about now then (Thurs 22nd)... so here's hoping that I have a parcel soon... <_<

I would have thought if an individual was banned it would be obviously harder to get hold of them.The avatar is my daily car...same age as me.

I was going to ask if it was yours - Fern Green, is it?

What you say doesnt follow though does it? - it's more or less restating what you said to start with, which presupposes they actually want to be 'got hold of'. If they dont, they'll ignore PMs, postings or whatever; doesnt much matter if they're banned.

The main reason for the ban was to minimise the risk of him having anybody else (who may not see this topic) over. There's nothing to stop him emailing me to tell me what he's going to do to sort it.

I was going to ask if it was yours - Fern Green, is it?

What you say doesnt follow though does it? - it's more or less restating what you said to start with, which presupposes they actually want to be 'got hold of'. If they dont, they'll ignore PMs, postings or whatever; doesnt much matter if they're banned.

Fern green...spot on. I assumed that if someone has been banned they would maybe get an incling that somethings wrong and avoid any contact with members of said forum.Especially if they had something that needed explaining.

Regards.

Fern green...spot on. I assumed that if someone has been banned they would maybe get an incling that somethings wrong and avoid any contact with members of said forum.Especially if they had something that needed explaining.

Regards.

Do you not get it,

this ###### will do all that he can to avoid paying and or sending the peoples goods back. He has been accused of having up to £15K of other peoples MONEY and or kits.

OzzyO.

Do you not get it,

this ###### will do all that he can to avoid paying and or sending the peoples goods back. He has been accused of having up to £15K of other peoples MONEY and or kits.

OzzyO.

I get it,Im just trying to answer Ians questions.

Regards.

Do you not get it,

OzzyO.

I think we all get it ................ and are glad it isnt us involved .............. dont see any need for members to become fraught over a situation.

If he decides to come back to the site and register under another username then the admin panel will automatically pick his IP address out and prevent him from registering .......... presuming of course he uses the same PC.

I just wonder at what point does all of this add up to a case of fraudulence? Are we honestly saying there's no legal recourse at all for his actions? Reading through Pete Waterman's comments on his JLTRT website, you can understand why he's miffed, definitely, and the actions here also indicate an act of fraudulence.

I don't know the chap, I don't know the full details of all the previous cases (though it must be said, £15k? :blink: ), and I would like to think the best of people - but this stacks up against Mr Jones and them some. Are there no actions we as a community can take, if not to retrieve said items, at least prevent Mr Jones from doing this again?

EDIT: And just to emphasise I am not advocating going round to wherever he's living now and doing anything dodgy (as I feel I might have unintentionally implied that), just is there no way we can warn others of his misdemeanours?

I don't know the chap, I don't know the full details of all the previous cases (though it must be said, £15k? :blink: ), and I would like to think the best of people - but this stacks up against Mr Jones and them some. Are there no actions we as a community can take, if not to retrieve said items, at least prevent Mr Jones from doing this again?

... is there no way we can warn others of his misdemeanours?

From the Railnuts blog that Steve linked to:

You will find that taking him to law wont work as he has nothing to take to recover your money.

If Pete Waterman with all his resources feels frustrated about this, I doubt there is anything we can do Simon; other than try and maintain some sort of awareness, whilst trying to remain calm and factual

From the Railnuts blog that Steve linked to:

If Pete Waterman with all his resources feels frustrated about this, I doubt there is anything we can do Simon; other than try and maintain some sort of awareness, whilst trying to remain calm and factual

That's fair enough Ian, good call. It's just such a shame :( Especially when you see F-Unit's modeling earlier on in the thread.

Perhaps now would be a good time to return to the subject of the thread - F-Unit's class 14 itself.

That's fair enough Ian, good call. It's just such a shame :( Especially when you see F-Unit's modeling earlier on in the thread.

Perhaps now would be a good time to return to the subject of the thread - F-Unit's class 14 itself.

Finally on this subject, what upset's me most is the fact that this was Jordan's first attempt at loco building, and a fine job he was making of it. And with the skill he has shown he has, he would of made just as good a job of the chassis with some guidance and self belief . Let's just hope Jordan can put this behind him and go on to build some more fine models.

All the best, Martyn.

Finally on this subject, what upset's me most is the fact that this was Jordan's first attempt at loco building, .... he would of made just as good a job of the chassis with some guidance and self belief .

Um, second O scale attempt in fact, the Steve Beattie Class 22 kit was my first, on RMweb3 (which that link takes you to), and I'd previously tried an etched Pannier tank kit in HO (yes, HO... don't ask!!) which ran very badly indeed and rather put me off 'steam' chassis; therefore I was concerned about building the Class 14 chassis "as supplied", i.e. rigid- in almost every sense.! I wanted to at least joint the coupling rods and possibly spring at least one axle. Enter Mr Jones stage left; who very kindly (you'll note all his posts end "Kindest") offered to do the rods for me, for nothing. What a nice generous offer!!

To get the rods accurately jointed, apparently it's best to have the chassis & wheels.. one thing led to another until his offer was to build the whole chassis, so I gratefully sent him those parts (but not the motor/gears). He promised to post pictures and comments on the chassis build in this thread. I must admit that I started to wonder about what I'd done when none were forthcoming, and in his own Threads, he started posting about "Computer trouble" at the same time RMweb4 was having a bit of a torrid time.

The rest is as now posted... a long wait, becoming longer, with "next week" sort of promises, and a few Members starting to enquire of me when I was going to get my chassis back, and warning me to check Ebay. When I asked them why, the story of Mr Jones unfolded, and I'm still waiting...

Yes with hindsight I possibly could've done a passable job on the chassis myself, but hindsight, as ever, is 20/20...

As I've said earlier, at the moment I'm having a complete break from it until this is sorted one way or another... most likely by my having to fork out again for replacement parts.

I do like to post in a slightly self-deprecating style, with talk of "comedy soldering" and "comedy painting". Right now I've got nothing to laugh about with this project, I'm afraid.

Archived