O Scale Class 14 kit

F-UnitMad

I have read this thread in horror for a few weeks with a kind of morbid fascination. I reckon the best therapy short of head butting Mr. Jones is to bite the bullet, get a replacement and finish the model. That top half deserves a mate, sprung or not! Having seen the body I have no doubt you are up to the job.

I have read this thread in horror for a few weeks with a kind of morbid fascination. I reckon the best therapy short of head butting Mr. Jones is to bite the bullet, get a replacement and finish the model. That top half deserves a mate, sprung or not! Having seen the body I have no doubt you are up to the job.

And I'll second that. As the saying goes, keep calm and carry on. The body is a fine job and the paint work looks superb.

Just as soon as you can, get the parts you need and finish off the model that you can quite rightly be proud of. As you may, (or may not), know I'm a 00 modeller and you have inspired me to get myself one in 00 sometime soon.

Cheers.

Sean.

Information I received last Friday 16th...

I make that about now then (Thurs 22nd)... so here's hoping that I have a parcel soon... dry.gif

Hello Jordan,

have you got your parcel Yet?????????????unsure.gif

OzzyO.

I admire your optimism..!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

What do you think..?!? sad.gif dry.gif

I think that I should take that as a no then.

I sill think that kneecaps and the moving of can work wonders.

OzzyO.

Sorry to the mods.

Happy Bunny Time

It is with great relief I am able to announce that I have my chassis, wheels and parts back in my hands. :)

They are untouched. I am saying nothing.

Ian has sent me a short letter that I shall keep my own counsel on; suffice to say a very big THANKYOU to all who have expressed their concern and helped me with this matter, which I shall now consider 'Closed', and I can start again at square one where I was last November....

As they used to announce on Telly;

"Normal Service Shall be Resumed Shortly"

:D :D :D

That's great news, Jordan, just a shame it had to happen at all.

Ian has sent me a short letter that I shall keep my own counsel on; suffice to say a very big THANKYOU to all who have expressed their concern and helped me with this matter, which I shall now consider 'Closed'

In line with the above, can I again remind members to hold back on the more lurid speculation and recrimination?

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

As a kettle builder in 7mm with wheelbases of 117mm (Midland 0-6-0's) I have built sprung and rigid 0-6-0's none of which have flywheel's. The main thing is to have some sideplay in the wheels to cope with curves of less than 6' radius. With some weight in the loco then pick up isn't usually a problem as long as the track is clean to start with. Steel wheels and nickel silver track don't seem to attrack dirt like the 4mm all nickel silver combination does as well as heaier axle loads in 7mm.

Good luck with the build.

Jamie

Anyway, where are the pics of your newly build chassis? :D After all, you've had it for 5 hrs now, so it should be done

Gimme chance!!! :rolleyes: :P :P

I'm still fondling the parts lovingly.... :D :D :D

Well that's great news, I'm glad it's behind you and with a decent outcome. I'm also glad it won't be endlessly speculated on, on here.

Now............ARE you going to drive it off the jackshaft? Go on, I dare you..............:rolleyes:

Thanks to all of you for all the comments, yes "relief" barely starts to describe it...

Now............ARE you going to drive it off the jackshaft? Go on, I dare you..............:rolleyes:

Afraid not... the Jackshaft is under the cab, so the motor would fill the cab and spoil things.

Okay, apologies that it's not quite finished yet, but today I bit the bullet and made a start.

The main advice I've had is K.I.S.S. ... and that building it rigid shouldn't be a problem.

I've put in some brass 'H' sections to stiffen the frame, and got the axle bearings soldered in. The wheels have had the screws for the rods put in (drilling a wider hole on the inside wheel face to get the screw heads flush).

Also had to cut away a bit of the chassis to clear the motor, and been doing a few 'dry runs' with various parts for fit.

Anyway, here it is with wheels just in place temporarily- they all meet the track although the centre axle is slightly higher than the others- better than too low, I gather...

Class14L01.jpg

...and a long-awaited moment... the body sits on it's wheels for the first time...

Class14L02.jpg

Jordan,

I am so pleased for you, really i am!

Having followed this topic from early on and only coming back now and again, it was with great shock that i learnt of the previous happenings.

Phew!! and "by gum" are printable terms that come to mind now that your chassis has returned to you.

Hopefully, you can now put it down to experience as a very close call and enjoy your loco for many years to come.

All the best,

John E.

I must add this, though, which is quite something...;

AndyY has told me the following info, re getting my chassis back;

It was just in time as a few of us were making moves on the quiet to sort out a replacement for you spurred on by two community spirited members, ****** and ******. We'd spoken with PRMRP and got everything lined up so it literally was in the nick of time as I was hoping to get them sorted for you by Nick Palette's show.

I have to say that I am absolutely amazed by this, and quite touched, too- I had no idea this was going on! I know someone else had spoken to PRMRP about the possibility of getting new parts, so they would've been aware of the situation already, but that others, whom I'm not really in regular contact with, would go to such trouble does restore your faith in people no end!!

Thanks so much - you know who you are, and it just goes to show what a great place RMweb really is.

The catch 22 of course, is that if I hadn't got my original parts back, I might still have ended up with a better chassis than the one I will make myself, now I have...!! (if you follow me!) :rolleyes: :D :lol:

Hmmmmmmm, so if you had some sort of elongated gearbox, sit the motor in the bonnet and drive that jackshaft........:lol:

Big Chunky motor in the bonnet - universal jointed long driveshaft to a gearbox driving the jackshaft?

That way it won't encroach too much on the cab interior and it's (sort of) prototypical for an oil-slosher...

On a serious note , glad things have worked out for you Jordan , and impressive progress.

Just got home and read the good news. I bet you still have a smile on your facebiggrin.gif . For some reason I cant access the pics you have posted but who cares the teddy bear has got wheeels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Archived