Rules for posting in Magazine topics

Andy Y

1. Please keep to one topic per magazine issue. Please also add the name of the mag to your title - not just the month or issue number.

2. Topics recording the release of a magazine and its contents are welcomed.

3. Topics asking when a magazine is to be issued aren't particularly useful unless you have contacted the publisher and sought the information directly. In that case please post a topic with your findings.

4. Topics commenting that an issue is late - see point 3.

5. Posts advising that a copy has landed on your doormat or appeared on a shelf somewhere are inconsequential, refer to point 1 and if that's already been covered you don't need to post.

6. Posts advising that you've got the kettle on - see point 5

7. Posts advising that 'Smiths in Stornoway' haven't got a copy will be removed.

8. Posts advising "There's nothing of interest of interest in it for me" or "I'm thinking of cancelling my subs" will be removed unless they contain some sort of useful background comment.

9. Do not under any circumstances attempt to start a debate on the rights and wrongs of mags in bags. It's been done to death and won't change a thing.

10. As with any other matter, any criticism should be constructive, accurate, quantified or qualified and addressed in polite terms.

• 1 month later...

Bumped due to the fact that we as a team are still having to delete pointless posts from Magazine threads. So before you think of posting in a Magazine thread perhaps you would care to read the above from Andy first.

Archived