Farish 150

russellwar

Have you tried dismantling and cleaning the wheels, pin point pickups (both the cups and the pin point ends of the axles) and pickup interfaces between bogies/body?

It's likely that's the issue (especially if it was ok to begin with), or something is not making perfect contact.

Regards,

Alan

Just wondered if anyone had had any problems with the Pickups in the Dummy car. Having a problem that the lights often lose power in the dummy. Wonder if more weight or any other solution may help

Thanks

Russell

• 6 months later...

I can't compare it with the 108 but the 150 body is quite difficult but not impossible to remove. The drive only goes to one bogie so it's pretty straightforward to chop the chassis and insert or remove a section if the length is wrong. However I don't think the bogie sideframes will look right under a pre-war EMU - 108 might be better in that respect!

I don't know what a 4-COR bogie looks like but I doubt it is very similar to that on a 150 (the units date from the mid-80s though the basic design of bogie is about 10 years older). I'm sure that the 1950s bogies off the 108 would be better if you just want something that's approximately right, and if the 108 chassis is anything like the 150 it should also be stretchable. As the motor block takes up less than half the length then there's also plenty of space to add more weight.

If you go for the 150 the powered bogie is similar to other Farish power bogies with inside bearings. The sideframes don't do much other than providing a coupling mount, so could probably be replaced by something more realistic without too much difficulty. You'd have to replace the non-powered bogies entirely as the pickups/bearings are integral to the bogie frame, and devise some alternative pickup system as I doubt it would pick up reliably on just the one bogie.

Hi edwin,The 150'S come as a two car set but i would only want the power car, so the dummy unit i would possibly sell.The 4cors are 63ft which is why i wanted the 150 as the body of the 404 cor would fit straight over.

I'd recommend getting a 150/2 set (the one with the interunit corridor connectors) as that can then be used to bolster a 1501/1 to a 3 car unit so you're more likely to get a second hand sale for that :)

I'd recommend getting a 150/2 set (the one with the interunit corridor connectors) as that can then be used to bolster a 1501/1 to a 3 car unit so you're more likely to get a second hand sale for that :)

ha,ha as long as there not dearer, may have to consult the wife on this one :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved my 150/2 dmu to power my nelson cor yesterday ran it in on dc superb. The cor body went straght on ! superb fit and runs excellent but, now on dcc even better! just need to put roof horns and linings on ,some buffers and pickup shoe beams with slight bogie alteration. Im using a lenz silver mini for now.

Archived