MR/LMS Fruit van - DId they have guard irons over the brake yokes?

Hi I have just built a 7mm Slaters MR?LMS fruit van I have built it as the vacuum braked version and was wondering if it should have guard irons over the brake yokes. I have the Essery Midland wagon volumes but don't have access to them until the New year and I hoped to get this finished if I could over the break.

Any help or pointers to photo's would be appreciated?

Thanks

Hi I have just built a 7mm Slaters MR?LMS fruit van I have built it as the vacuum braked version and was wondering if it should have guard irons over the brake yokes. I have the Essery Midland wagon volumes but don't have access to them until the New year and I hoped to get this finished if I could over the break.

Any help or pointers to photo's would be appreciated?

Thanks

If I understand your question correctly then the answer is no. I'm assuming you mean safety loops to stop a disconnected yoke from falling onto the track – there is no sign of such a thing on any MR fitted vans, at least at the outer end. I wonder why not?

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sorry if I was unclear but that is exactly what mean.

I couldn't recall seeing them in any of the pictures I had looked at while building the kit but not having access I couldn't be sure that it was because I was concentrating on the body or that they weren't there.

Thanks for the clarity.

Archived