'Dunrobin' to be repatriated

papagolfjuliet

I can just see this taking the short road trip to Tanfield. It will look nice with the many four wheelers that they have there. IIRC they also have a NER bogie from Beamish on loan.

This is probably a good move as it will be a useful period piece and the NER 0-6-0 can be a roaming Beamish representative.

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure I read she was used during ww2 but I may be thinking ww1. The Duke had running powers up to 31st of December inclusive so he must have used it uptil then. She also lay at Helmsdale for a couple of years till purchase. Why she wasn't taken into capital stock, I don't know. She could have joined the 1Ps on Dornoch services or worked as a station pilot.

Glad she didn't get a BR number, she'd probably have gone the same way as Ben Alder!

A lovely piece of news for Christmas: after forty-five years in Canada, pretty little Sharp Stewart 0-4-4T 'Dunrobin' and its four wheel saloon have been purchased by Beamish Museum and will be coming home early next year. Details here: http://beamishtransport.blogspot.com/

The photo of Dunrobin at Fort Steele on the Beamish web site show it with a MK1 coach, I wonder what it's fate will be??? :unsure:

Mark

• RMweb Premium

The photo of Dunrobin at Fort Steele on the Beamish web site show it with a MK1 coach, I wonder what it's fate will be??? :unsure:

Mark

The Mk1 is still in use at Fort Steel. It is coupled between a pair of open passenger cars that appear to be converted from 'gondola' type freight cars.

The Mk1 is still in use at Fort Steel. It is coupled between a pair of open passenger cars that appear to be converted from 'gondola' type freight cars.

Thanks PhilJ W, glad it is being used. I assume it went out with Dunrobin and the four wheel coach, unless anyone knows differently??

Archived