Brodsworth Colliery

ECML180

Well we all know the feeling, you spend hours trawling around the shopping centre but just end up bewildered and utterly tired out! I brought 8 bags home on the bus the other day-2 in my school rucksack, 2 in either hand and 2 clipped onto my rucksack-making for a challenge getting down from the top deck of the bus... :rolleyes: But I had enough present for everyone...but nothing for my Grandad! I suddenly remembered how when we talked about my layout(he has little interest in trains) he often mentioned the waggons from his local colliery he grew up around, so this is the story of ordering a pair of waggons and building a very small layout to display them on. :lol:

Today's work started with me chucking the garage inside out to find a suitable piece of wood...and cutting up a plank of hardboard when one couldn't be found! I have cut up some polystyrene using a craft knife, messy but it doesn't look too bad, and the glue is setting as I type! The aim is to attach the polystyrene, make it more of a hill using polyfiller and lay the track and ballast it before Wednesday. I may be worryingly optimistic! :D

Day 1

Jobs Done

• Plank Found
  • Polystyrene cut & some glued
  • Waggons ordered

The track used to pass that awful 'pond' by the roundabout just as you went into Woodlands. Thankfully it looks good now.

Hope the layout looks good when done.

You mean Highfields Lake?? :D

Currently sat half a mile from Brodsworth Colliery and about a mile from that 'pond'....will take note of this thread

The Joys of snow! No modelling has got done today and the way it looks right now a small shunting plank based loosley on the real thing may give way to a small piece of ballasted track instead-SWMBO strijes again! Some lovely pics there Mick and thanks for the interest guys, hopefully some work will happen this week!

Well revision has been the key feature of today but the glue isn't fully set due to the freezing temperatures so progress has been halted, as soon as some grey sprey paint arrives then work can recommence!

Oh and the waggons will be in the post tomorrow! :D

After a few days scared to venture into the cold, cold garage and with no rolling stock arrived in time for Christmas Eve then I'm afraid this project has been put on hold, but it's my Grandad's birthday in January so it will be finished for then! For those who are interested I will post photos after completion!

Archived