Next batch of Class 70's

the liverpool move has just gone through warrington, no doubt expect a vid from swifty11 in due course!

I'm never one to dissapoint!

Edit: posted below as it doesn't seem to like this post?

Edited by Swifty11

Very nice!!

We're there many others there, or just a few?... Well....it was rather special after all this time...

Jack.

Not sure if this post is for me but I'll answer

Thanks,

Most where at the side of me and all the arty farty photographers had gone on the other side... and pendo 119 did the right honourable boul and completely blocked them all, I did feel sorry for one guy who had been waiting all day and I did say to him a pendolino was due.

• Like 1

I prefer them banns shape!

banana split comes to mind for some mad reason - will one split in two ?

was also trying to think which type of freight would blend well with a 70, example BigJim with 56 on the sinfins looks right, but the odd cab shape of 70`s  slips past me on that one.

• RMweb Premium

thats what i'm led to believe, i have heard rumours that they will trial one on the logs too

Here's hoping that it's the Carlisle logs and they send it via the S&C (which seems to be too tough for a 56 to cope with................. :no: )    

Cheers,

Mick

National Delivery Service, its the part of Network Rail that manages all the material deliveries for works - such as ballast etc

Thanks Damian,

Someone had to ask the question.....might as well be me.

Cheers Bob.

• Like 1

Ahhhh! The 70s looks horrible but their 4 stroke engines idling sounds MUCH nicer than the the minging car alarm like yinging that the 66s have! 

Never mind the 4 Stroke (bonfire) engines, It's those traction motors that makes them sound much nicer than a lot else!

Just go to Micheldever and get 70001 on an up liner - you can hear it scream for miles up the bank, then 2 lots of screaming traction motors and a screaming set of rad fans pass you and the just fade into the distance.

• RMweb Gold

was also trying to think which type of freight would blend well with a 70, example BigJim with 56 on the sinfins looks right, but the odd cab shape of 70`s  slips past me on that one.

i think they will look good with a long rake of yellow falcons