Hartford Station

James95

Hey Again Guys,

I have decided to go full out after viewing all the magnificent layouts on the forum and seeing the incredible amount of detail. I have decided after much consideration to model my local station, Hartford in the 1995- present day era which will enable me to use a variety of stock. Hartford is based on the West Coast Main Line between Liverpool Lime Street and Birmingham New Street. I aim to make the layout a 'roundy roundy' layout as aposed to a end to end layout. I am unsure which boards to use at the moment as i dont have much room really :huh:, can anyone help me out on how i can keep this layout easy to hide and store but also keeping it detailed?

Many Thanks

James

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

What gauge will it be? When I want to put mine away my boards bolt together like this:

SI854201.jpg

and it fits in a cupboard or under a bed. For a roundy-round layout you might need it to collapse into more sections, or slide out from under the bed. If you're going to model signals and overhead line you can have them so they plug into the layout when your setting it up?

keep us posted though!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Cool - didn't realise you were OO but it must be possible to bolt the boards face to face, or have it sliding under the bed still!

I want to model the WCML when I've finished my present layout, but set in a city centre :D DVT sets are the best hehe

Simon

Archived