Guest 47107

Indeed smile.gif Whilst most people were busy frothing over what's going on in the Hornby camp I was straight on the phone to Liverpool to see what arrangements could be made.

When it will arrive at my door I don't know, as long as it does I don't really mind either - now that's far more exciting than a load of photoshop-ed images surely!

Bruce

• RMweb Premium

No pics (that I can find) of the actual model so erm what are you talking about?

(If anyone does have one or knows where pics of the actual model are available I would appreciate as I rather fancy this one)

No pics (that I can find) of the actual model so erm what are you talking about?

(If anyone does have one or knows where pics of the actual model are available I would appreciate as I rather fancy this one)

The only pictures of the actual model I have found so far are on the Kernow site.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/images/prod_30086_398.jpg

Looks OK to me.

• RMweb Premium

Ta for that, rather tempted by that I must say. If Bachmann's previous form is anything to go by the Kingfisher logo and the numbers if you want to renumber should remove cleanly with a gentle prodding of a cocktail stick or similar.

I need to brush up on my Mainline liveried 37/4's!!

looks ok to me, im so leaving the kingfisher on measns i dont have to apply one to go with my thornaby locos :D , they say the top colour is to light, well if that is the case you can always say locos fade in the sun like they do in real life and at the end of the day its a big improvement on the 37431 Bachmann did a few weays ago

Pic in latest REx.

37401-402, 404-407, 409-410, 415, 417, 419-420, 423-424, 426 & 430-431 all carried the livery.

37401 had black numbers below the nose grills until mid 89.

37405, 407, 410, 415, 417 & 420 had black headcode boxes from the early 90's onwards (410 at one end only).

415, 417 & 420 had kingfishers.

415, 416, 419 & 426 had unofficial names applied when working out of Buxton.

The oddity list goes on and on but typing on a phone does my fat fingers in!

Picked up mine today from Mikron in Taunton...

Looks good, i like the switchable tail lights, and the printing is pretty sharp. Seems to creep very well out of the box and am waiting to chip it. it comes with the 1 piece snowploughs which are a bonus, but restrict the movement of the bogie as it catches the bodyshell!

post-2983-0-90906600-1293138885_thumb.jpg

post-2983-0-09386100-1293138897_thumb.jpg

post-2983-0-70934500-1293138990_thumb.jpg

cheers

I've alway been a bit worried about Bachmann's version of the 'Falcon' grey, looks too light for me on the MK1 coaches and as mentioned 37431, but at least this one looks a little more accurate than the last.

I'm suprised at the switchable lighting, which appears similar to the class 47, not that this makes it any harder to make the loco's tail lights harder to make independant.

Roy

I've alway been a bit worried about Bachmann's version of the 'Falcon' grey, looks too light for me on the MK1 coaches and as mentioned 37431, but at least this one looks a little more accurate than the last.

I'm suprised at the switchable lighting, which appears similar to the class 47, not that this makes it any harder to make the loco's tail lights harder to make independant.

Roy

Erm "Falcon Grey" ? Executive Dark Grey was the colour used on the upper bodysides of 37/4's. The later Falcon Grey was used on IC Swallow sleeper 37's and Swallow/Mainline 47's + other classes etc. I'll not comment on this release/version of colours etc till I've had the chance to view one first hand.

Looks good to me - had no idea this was out already. I'd much rather they'd gotten the flush-nosed 37/5's out though. Aug/Sep 2011 seems like a massive wait for no good reason.

Laim

Couldit be that the exclusiverights Rail Express Mag had to the tooling does not expire till next year. I picked up a 415 today and it is a smashing looking model, Bachmann has got the colours right to me.

Yes I'm hoping it will be less work for me too! But the stripes look a bit thin to me!

Yep. Said that above somewhere. Definitely a bit anemic.

If you look at the pics above, the white stripe is slightly thinner than the red one. On the model, they are the same height.

Archived