Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Christmas Quiz

Andy Y

It's back! Be afraid; very afraid. The RMweb Christmas Quiz is back to haunt you; tax the grey matter and generally steal your holiday time.The Quiz will start tomorrow evening and run for 10 days through to Sunday 2nd Jan. The fabulous prize this year is thanks to Mozzer Models (Brian) and Gary at 247 Developments to whom I am very grateful is an LMS TPO coach Stowage Van Dia2052 No30282

msg-6686-0-90692200-1293017375_thumb.jpg

>

I think the quiz will be as hard, if not harder than ever with a mix of cryptic, factual and image clues to the destination station that the parcel is being sent to. Points will be awarded to the first 3 answers each day and the winner will be decided on the cumulative total.To get you in the mood here's a flashback to the agony of last year with a jigsaw puzzle. No prizes for this one; just your entertainment.

Christmas Quiz Rules - Please do read these before entering.

1. The answer will be a UK station, past or present. I need an answer that unambiguously states which station.

2. You can only give one answer; no additional guesses so use your answer wisely.

3. PM your answer to me.

4. Points will be given each day on the following basis: 3pts for 1st place; 2pts for 2nd place, 1pt for 3rd place.

5. Once the first three correct answers have been received I will post in the topic to advise that there are no further points available.

6. The answer will be given the following day to enable casual passers-by to entertain themselves.

7. Some days may have more than one question.

8. The winner will be the entrant who has the highest cumulative score at the end of the quiz on Sunday 2nd January.

9. In the event of a tie a tie-break will be given.

Good luck.

The first question will be given at 19.00 GMT.

puz1.gif

puz2.gif

provided by flash-gear.com

Guest dilbert

Ditto the above - that's one very effective way to waste an entire evening!!! I am now very afraid of what's coming next!

A GWR TPO rake ? ...dilbert B)

Guest Belgian

Oh dear - 95 minutes, and time for bed!

Show-off!! It's driven me mad - and I'm sure I did it OK last year, it just goes to show how rapid is the death of my little grey cells!

JE

Don't worry Belgian; I just made the bits smaller to make it more difficult. laugh.gif

It took me a fair while too and I still had a pile of nondescript grey bits left after an hour and I knew what the picture was.

• RMweb Premium

You might think that's funny (but I did finish the borderstongue.gif).

I'm having trouble *finding* all the borders. Where do you guys park all the spare bits while trying to determine even how big the thing is?

I can't see me doing much more.

:(

Kevin Martin

• RMweb Premium

I'm having trouble *finding* all the borders. Where do you guys park all the spare bits while trying to determine even how big the thing is?

Kevin Martin

OK, I fell for the trap. I scrolled down to write the previous entry and now I've lost all my work - Thanks for nothing.

Grrrrrr.

Kevin Martin

• RMweb Gold

Kevin Martin

The overall size of the thing is much smaller than you might expect - and don't connect all the borders but push them as far out as you can while you try to fill in the middle. And i hope you don't get what I did which was an ever growing piece for 'somewhere' which resisted all attempts to move it, not clever.

And i hope you don't get what I did which was an ever growing piece for 'somewhere' which resisted all attempts to move it, not clever.

Actually, that happens if you place a piece - any piece - in the exact spot it's intended to go. I found one piece last night which wouldn't move, and I shared your frustration until I realised what was going on. When the rest of the puzzle was complete, I moved it so that the hole was over this immovable piece, and - hey presto! - the picture was finished.

This "fixing" of correctly-placed pieces assumes, of course, that you're doing the jigsaw in the exact centre of the game area, which isn't actually that likely...

Christmas Quiz Rules - Please do read these before entering.

1. The answer will be a UK station, past or present. I need an answer that unambiguously states which station.

2. You can only give one answer; no additional guesses so use your answer wisely.

3. PM your answer to me.

4. Points will be given each day on the following basis: 3pts for 1st place; 2pts for 2nd place, 1pt for 3rd place.

5. Once the first three correct answers have been received I will post in the topic to advise that there are no further points available.

6. The answer will be given the following day to enable casual passers-by to entertain themselves.

7. Some days may have more than one question.

8. The winner will be the entrant who has the highest cumulative score at the end of the quiz on Sunday 2nd January.

9. In the event of a tie a tie-break will be given.

Good luck.

The first question will be given at 19.00 GMT.

Archived