Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Christmas Quiz

Andy Y

It isn't Kings Cross Stu although quite a few guessed that; understandable with the Potter-esque references.

You need to deduce what the letters IJKLMN actually are and what Slytherin and Gryffindor are. smile.gif

• RMweb Gold

Ok, as the points have gone, here's where I got to.

The first six symbols are the Microsoft Wingdings for I J K L M and N, the two crests are Slytherin and Griyffindor.

How does that equate to a station ? I thought it might be King's Cross, but it seemed too easy and didn't use all the elements.

Unless it is and I can't see why...

Thanks for making me feel even easier about not getting this one! Googling those two crest names got me to a fictional character with whom I have had little contact. [Not entirely true, perhaps, because I once arranged for a young friend who had an interest in such matters to be present at KX when some HP event was going on. She was over the moon when the PA announced her name and asked her to go to a well-known platform! And I do have a copy of a letter from the author to the then-SM at KX, somewhere.] And I wouldn't know a Wingding if it hit me in the face!

You need to deduce what the letters IJKLMN actually are and what Slytherin and Gryffindor are. smile.gif

I was too tired to pursue this last night, but realised that they were probably consecutive letters in Wingdings, followed by a couple of crests I didn't recognise!

So: IJKLMN = I to N = "Iton", perhaps? Iton-something? Houses?

I'll blame my rotten cold, and give up on this one for now, just like all the others. I'm not thick, honestly, just a bit sluggish these last few days!

can we have the answer soon please Andy as Mrs WS is doing her head in over this.... :(

Seeing the posts above I think we're getting closer to the answer. When I said you need to work out what IJKLMN actually are it may help to think where they are. ;)

Seeing the posts above I think we're getting closer to the answer. When I said you need to work out what IJKLMN actually are it may help to think where they are. ;)

I don't know if its my eyes but, I didn't manage to get what the crests were, despite a lot of searches on t'internet. If only I could have read the names underneath.

Now I now what they are, the full name becomes obvious. (I got the first bit, but couldn't work out the second so guessed from a selection)

How did a 13 year old get that ?

He got the 'houses' straight away and knew that they were Wingdings, stared at them awhile and said "They're the letters between H and O, eauuuuuuuu".

When setting the clue out I was thinking more of Waterhouses in Staffs as being the transshipment point between the Knotty and the Leek & Manifold.

I've decided that next December I am getting my own back

I have a 1000 pc Jigsaw puzzle in France of dutch bulb fields - simple you say except every piece is cut almost the same shape and there are acres of blue sky

So far its taken 2 and half years and we still have 50 pieces to go and even trying the trick of fit each piece to the space hasn't worked

Andy - its on its way to you next Christmas as revenge and depending on how tough the next set of clues are I may or may not send the box with the picture on it .

Colin

Off to disprove Einstein's theories all of them as some light relief!!! I was a member of Mensa once but obviously my IQ has deteriorated with age

• RMweb Premium

Yikes, I feel utterly brain dead now! Not seen HP so that didn't mean anything to me and I was trying to find raailway heraldry s well. I gave upand sent the follwoing before going out to celebrate.

Is it 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?'

or possibly 'Rhiwbina?'

Churning the grey matter up a bit by reading Brassmasters Easichas instructions in order to try better at the next one!

Keep it up Andy and Happy New Year to everyone!

Regards

A sober Ian in Blackpool

And as our collective revenge I think we should stick a bald headed bloke in a grey jacket somewhere on each of our layouts :) Doing what - now there's the question :)

That could become a new layout cliche (see "Cliches on layouts" thread).

Possibly tied to the rails on the Up Main.........only joking <_<

Archived