Romsey Model Railway Exhibition, March 2010

DIW

• RMweb Premium

Ladies and Gentlemen,

once again it is my pleasure to present to you the opportunity to visit

the Romsey and District Railway Modellers' Society's Annual Exhibition

at Crosfield Hall, Romsey.

post-6816-1255205746111_thumb.jpg

Further information will be added as the date draws near.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've bumped this announcement, so you can:

Put it in your new 2010 diaries biggrin.gif

Add to your New Year Resolutions list...visit the Romsey Model Railway Exhibition smile.gif

Cheers,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

once again it is my pleasure to present to you the opportunity to visit

the Romsey and District Railway Modellers' Society's Annual Exhibition

at Crosfield Hall, Romsey.

post-6816-1255205746111_thumb.jpg

Further information will be added as the date draws near.

Hi everyone,

The line up of exhibits for this year's Romsey Exhibition includes the following:

Bleadon. WC&P in O gauge.

Egypt Brewery. Industrial in EM.

Masham. North Eastern in 3mm.

Leaford. 1980s NSE and BR Railfreight in OO.

Nictun 2K. SW Trains in OO.

Hayling Island. The ever popular 'Hayling Billy' in OO.

Lydbridge Junction. OO9 narrow gauge and working trolley bus.

Abbottsbrooke. Large scenic layout in N.

Beaulieu Les Mines. Belgian steam trams in HOe.

Golden Ridge. American HO.

Sans Soucie. Scenic Swiss N.

Trade support from Kevin Roberstson books, Railwayania, MJH Models, AAR Models and the TRPS Wessex Area sales stand.

Weathering Demo's by Tom 'The Weatherman' Rayer.

Light Refreshments.

Romsey Signal Box Project will be opening the Signal Box to the public on both days from 10.00 - 4.00, only a short walk from Crosfield Hall.

More details nearer the date.

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

Crikey, Nice line up then!

Got to say, if i you hadn't have posted, id have forgotten about this blink.gif

So, fingers crossed, ill be heading to this...and stay over at a friend of mines just down the road and get some work done on my 'dogboxs' at the same time smile.gif...well, same time im down there, not literally at the exhibitionlaugh.gif

And as youve got Kevin Roberstson books coming, i can see my bank posting more saving leaflets to me...

Crikey, Nice line up then!

Got to say, if i you hadn't have posted, id have forgotten about this blink.gif

So, fingers crossed, ill be heading to this...and stay over at a friend of mines just down the road and get some work done on my 'dogboxs' at the same time smile.gif...well, same time im down there, not literally at the exhibitionlaugh.gif

And as youve got Kevin Roberstson books coming, i can see my bank posting more saving leaflets to me...

Thanks for the compliment and we do appreciate the fact that you won't be bringing your project to the exhibition to work on :)

We're quite pleased with the line again up this year, we hope our visitors enjoy the variety. Next year is shaping up nicely as well.

The Weatherman is now only able to attend on the Sunday but we should still have a demonstrator on Saturday as well.

Kevin's book sales are always tempting ...I must resist! ;)

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
.......but we should still have a demonstrator on Saturday...... Patrick
That reminds me, I must finish my placard!:D

Here again is my sketch map of Romsey, showing where the carparks are. Please make sure that you have paid in the correct machine for the part of the car park you have used - my thanks to a RM Web member for highlighting the sometimes confusing practice of having short term and long term parking in adjacent areas, where the correct ticket machine may be further away than the nearest (but wrong) machine. It makes sense to the locals, but there aren't that many of us! Also remember that if you park at Aldi, you will have to shop there. They are very keen to keep their carpark for their own shoppers. Perhaps a quick look at the 'Bargain Hunters' thread in 'Hints and Tips' section?

post-6816-126703711315_thumb.jpg

See you there!

Dave

That reminds me, I must finish my placard!:D

Here again is my sketch map of Romsey, showing where the carparks are. Please make sure that you have paid in the correct machine for the part of the car park you have used - my thanks to a RM Web member for highlighting the sometimes confusing practice of having short term and long term parking in adjacent areas, where the correct ticket machine may be further away than the nearest (but wrong) machine. It makes sense to the locals, but there aren't that many of us! Also remember that if you park at Aldi, you will have to shop there. They are very keen to keep their carpark for their own shoppers. Perhaps a quick look at the 'Bargain Hunters' thread in 'Hints and Tips' section?

post-6816-126703711315_thumb.jpg

See you there!

Dave

I think you missed your vocation there Dave! An excellent map of the Romsey, thanks.

Its worth emphasising the bit about making sure you're in the right part of the car park, the Wardens are always busy on Saturday. If you're coming by train the station is only a 10 minute walk and the bus station is just across the road.

Pat

Only three days until the Romsey Exhibition, so if you're in the area do drop in. Admission is £3.00 for adults, £2.00 for children with a family ticket (2+2) at £8.00.

Hope to see you over the weekend.

Pat

Only three days until the Romsey Exhibition, so if you're in the area do drop in. Admission is £3.00 for adults, £2.00 for children with a family ticket (2+2) at £8.00.

Hope to see you over the weekend.

Pat

Its worth emphasising the bit about making sure you're in the right part of the car park, the Wardens are always busy on Saturday.

It's also worth noting that the pay meters in the Aldi and adjacent Ps car park are easily accessed from both parks and at a glance is not easy to tell which applies to which park. Make sure you use the right one!

Just a quick note to say a huge thank you to everyone that contributed to this weekend's Romsey Exhibition. In particular a thank you to the owners and operators of the various visiting layouts who did so much to make the show a success. Feed back from visitors has been really positive.

No show would function without the hard work put in by its members and I would like to thank all the R&DRMS team who put in so much effort before, during and after the event. Also thanks to the ladies and gentlemen of the catering team who worked so hard to keep everyone fed and watered throughout the show.

Next year's exhibition will take place over the weekend of 5th and 6th March. We already have some excellent layouts lined up.

Pat

Archived