Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

Eltel, the super dooper bright and shiny guide books for the show are nearly finished, you will have your 100 for the packs tomorrow.

Do they have a photo of Clint Eastwood with poncho, six shooter and ciggy on the cover?

(ps have you still got that Ivatt tank?)

Its always been a shame that we have clashed as both shows are well worth the visit, concentrating on the quality end of exhibition layouts, neither of us accept duff layouts (thats not a ban on layouts featuring class 47s) The other good thing is we can now reciprocate visits with each clubs layouts' and it has also removed a slight stumbling block to featuring a certain large MMRS layout at Stafford (most of the operating crew are members of the RMRG as well!)

heres to the success of both shows!

Agree with that I've been deciding which to go to this weekend. Rochdale is closer but there are two layouts at Stafford I want to see.

Dan

Agree with that I've been deciding which to go to this weekend. Rochdale is closer but there are two layouts at Stafford I want to see.

And nothing you want to see at Rochdale? :huh:

Still, you won't have to make the choice after this weekend!

Do they have a photo of Clint Eastwood with poncho, six shooter and ciggy on the cover?

(ps have you still got that Ivatt tank?)

Now that's a thought for the year the 'OUATITW' makes its first working appearance... although perhaps it could be Old Gringo, complete with wooly hat and goggles!

In answer to your PS... yes, will bring it along to the show.

• RMweb Premium

Hi to all who intend to come see us at Stafford this weekend

All is going to plan the most important thing pre exhibition is that the Sausage & Bacon rolls will be available from the Barn Cafe next to the exhibition halls from 08:45 on both days

Eltel

I shall be visiting on the Sunday....Love this show, been going up quite a few years now

Cheers Guys, Anthony

Hi Anthony

Come and give me and Mark Miller a shout - we will be on the DEMU stand - I'll be diddling with Heljan Duffs and Mark will be doing stuff with his DCC locos and new diorama Warwick Lane!

Fingers crossed it will be warmer than last year!

Trev

• RMweb Premium

All the very best to all at Rochdale this weekend, lets hope that both Rochdale & Stafford clubs have a great weekend.

The change of date of Rochdale exhibition does at last mean I and many Stafford members are able to visit the Rochdale exhibition in the future, and I hope each others club layouts will get the chance to attend each others exhibition.

Terry Robinson

Exhibition Managet

on behalf of Stafford Railway Circle

All the very best to all at Rochdale this weekend, lets hope that both Rochdale & Stafford clubs have a great weekend.

Thanks for your kind wishes Terry. Likewise, we hope that the Stafford show is a roaring success, and we look forward to being able to visit the Stafford show on a regular basis from February 2012.

Good luck!

Pete Rigby

RMRG Exhibition Manager

This is one of the few shows of the year i get to go to. I always rate it in both the layouts and the trade. Personally i could watch Coppell all day and probably will. Worst bit will be picking up SWMBO after a day shopping in Birmingham and her whinging at me for spending too much money. I wonder how much i can fit in the spare wheel well of the car..... :scratch_one-s_head_mini: :wink_mini:

Paul

Come and have a chat with the invaders form the far north. Stirling and Clackmannan DRMC are attending with Devilla Colliery. All DCC sound and fury. The only thing we cannot promise is a sound on board Clayton yet! looking forward to drinking some decent English beer.

post-9235-0-08201800-1296804316_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Will be over at the showground some time this morning Terry, leaving as soon as the kids are at school and the rubble skip has gone.

By the way, I noticed on one of those voucher code websites that there was a promotional code for free beer at the show..... To redeem it all anyone has to do is find 'ElTel' and utter the words "you look great in pink tights and fairy wings". That's what the site said anyway.... ;-) (Honest....)

rolling stock has been packed away the last things went in this morning two walrus kits,now just waiting for the my lift to go pack the layout away.

now fingers crossed no traffic jams or problems on the way up to you guys unless its while were passing bescot yard . hope to see you guys sometime in the afternoon

daz

• RMweb Premium

Safe journey folks.

Top tip which I should have posted last night for new folk appearing at Stafford is that the hall tends to be a bit chilly on the Friday set up. This is because the large roller doors are open and the site is on top of a hill. Would advise bringing warm clothing.

Archived