Friary Street

Diesel Dayz

After two or three years of building depot layouts I feel it's now time to diversify.

For my birthday & christmas I received the following: Bachmann Cl150 2 car DMU, Cl158 2 car DMU Cl170 3 car DMU & Hornby CL153 Single car DMU. With these a plan for a new layout was drawn up (see attached).

The layout is a sort of homage to the long closed Friargate Station in Derby and Friary Street was close to the station confines.

Brief details are as follows:

Friary Street will be a high level suburban terminus station consisting of three platforms. Passenger access to platforms is by a ramp from the road below. Trains arrive and depart over the Friary Street bridge the approach of which is made over a stone viaduct.

The total length of the viewing / scenic side will be twelve feet with a further four feet for the fiddle yard.

Construction of the layout will (hopefully) start end of Jan 2011.

Alan

post-8168-0-01678700-1293547315_thumb.jpg

You feeling alright Alan?

The Christmas spirit has gone to your head has it? Anyway, looks like an interesting plan but I've sussed out your motives. You just want to get the October Exhibition trophey back off me and Glenn!

You feeling alright Alan?

The Christmas spirit has gone to your head has it? Anyway, looks like an interesting plan but I've sussed out your motives. You just want to get the October Exhibition trophey back off me and Glenn!

Nope! Won't be ready for October show, besides, won't be there this year. This is going to be a nice leisurely build - there's no rush and I want to get Friary Street absolutely cock on!

Surely Alan, if this is a "sort of homage to Derby Friargate" and you want it "cock on", the aproach viaduct should be blue brick dry.gif

Touche :blink: There are obvious differences tho! Friargate had four platforms where Friary Street has three and the approach ramp will be at the front instead of to rear. I take on board your comments on the construction of the viaduct, but, it is early days yet.

Archived