LNER J39 Article

James

A few years ago John Cockcroft wrote an article detailing the Bachmann J39 in an issue of BRM it involved a new chassis and a fair few upgrades. But I can't find it in my collection! Could anyone tell me which issue it appeared in please?

But I can't find it in my collection! Could anyone tell me which issue it appeared in please?

I remember the article but like you cannot find the mag. I think it involved the fitting of an EM Comet chassis. There was a follow up by the same author a few years later on the building of a 7mm kit.

A quick search through the International Railway Index gives:

"Further improvements to the Bachmann J39 (with proto information)" BRM, September 1998, Page 58, Volume 6.06.

I think this might be the article but I also remember a similar article in BRM that outlined the use of the EMGS brass centerd Gibsons wheel conversion fot the J39 & V1/V3 tank.

If I find the original article I'll get back with confirmation.

HTH,

Porcy

Hi,

The original article was in BRM May 1995, followed by the Sept 98 article mentioned above.

Just for the record, the 7mm article was in the December 2001 BRM, and details building the Connoisseur kit.

Hope this helps.

Kevin.

A quick search through the International Railway Index gives:

"Further improvements to the Bachmann J39 (with proto information)" BRM, September 1998, Page 58, Volume 6.06.

I think this might be the article

And indeed it was! :) Just found it!

Thank you for all the replies!

Archived