TouchCab news & updates

Further testing using TouchCab produced a few surprises which do not happen with the ECoS, no matter how you carry out the actions, ... ECoS will not do a PM start or power down, whereas TouchCab does, every time, when you change direction.

Anyone care to comment?

Yes sir.

It's the STOP command affecting the sound. I shall refrain from commenting why anyone would want to design a decoder like that, but there it is.

In TouchCab, go to the options pane and enable "brake before reversing" or whatever I've called it. This way the stop command is not issued before the reverse command and you can use the stop button if you want an immediate stop.

Jens.

PS:

TouchCab is still in my heart, which is why I've decided not to give it away when plan A failed.

I still have a layout and I still need to control that, but for personal reasons I can not continue the development right now.

PPS:

Here's a glimpse of my layout. N scale (1:160). Southwest USA in the late 1950's.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Myself and Mike are very excited and have started all sorts of bits in the last few days

Bear with us for a short while as Jens did a great job coding we just have to catch up.

Website is being updated, but come and visit us on Facebook.

facebook.com/TouchCab

See you all soon

Karl

Edited by KFD
  • Like 3

Now that Karl and Mike have introduced themselves, it's time for me to withdraw from any further public statements regarding TouchCab.

I believe that TouchCab has found the best home possible, and I wish you gentlemen the best of luck and godspeed with all further development.

To all the users and friends on this site, I'll say thank you for the time that passed and all the fun and trouble we've had along the way.

I'll probably drop in now and again, but when I do, it will be as myself, talking about my N scale home layout and my gauge 1 trains.

Signing off ...

Jens

Edited by Jens Vesterdahl

The Website will be used at well, with tutorials and info being posted as we have them. Facebook is the instant access for user to show us were they are and when they are using it.

Facebook does do some good, though I know what you are saying, there is also a twitter and instagram feed for you to ignore as well. :) got to get the kids involved for some reason.

We will certainly be asking for suggestions from anyone. The app was great we've both used it since it came out and we have some changes and updates due to ios9.3 that we will do now.

Then we want your input, what do you want to see? if it cant be incorporated we will do something else to assist.

Exciting times ahead.

Karl and Mike.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

im on twitter so i'll look for you on there

suggestion wise maybe revise a few of the function symbols, there are a number i use twice such as 'horn' maybe add something to show 'double horn' or 'single horn'

i dont understand coding but would there be a way to have 'english' 'continental' 'american' settings for individual locos so function symbols are more in line with that country i.e uk locos not needing 'warning bell' or 'wheel light' symbols for example

I'm really pleased to hear that TOUCHCAB will continue, I have used it now for about 5 years and love it.

A big vote of thanks must go to Jens, and now to Mike and Karl for taking up the reins.

I don't do Facebook, Twitter etc, so will look forward to any updates posted here or on the Touchcab website.

Thanks and good luck guys.

Bob

Edited by 250BOB
  • Like 2

Hi everyone, I'd also like to introduce myself, and to say a massive thanks to Jens for all his hard work (and in particular for annotating all his millions of lines of code I now have to read!) He really has done a fantastic job with TouchCab - there really is nothing out there like it!

Myself and Karl aim to keep TouchCab's spirit, it will remain simple to use for the non geeks that just want a reliable wireless controller to play trains from anywhere around the layout. We have already god a draft roadmap in place, and we are very excited about this adventure.

We know that not everyone 'Likes' Facebook (do you see what I did there?!), but for those that do it provides very easy and instant opportunities. We will of course keep the website updated when the transfer has completed, and the forums.

For now, we are at:

facebook.com/TouchCab

twitter.com/TouchCab

instagram.com/TouchCabApp

touch cab.com

Bear with us while we set up all the sites properly, as our main focus is to understand the code, before we can start working on it.

Again, a massive thanks to Jens for all his hard work. He really has created the best wireless controller out there. We have used it from the very beginning at exhibitions, at home and in the club and we've loved it so much we couldn't bear to see it disappear from the App Store.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by AberdeenMRC - Mike
  • Like 3

Guest Digital

Excellent news.

Look forward to seeing things develop and look forward to any updates posted here or on the Touchcab website.

Thanks and good luck with moving things forward on this much loved app.

John

Edited by Digital

Hi all, we know some of you don't 'do' Facebook, so here's an update for you from the Facebook page.

"OneDotFive, which was a non development version of TouchCab for users of iOS 3, has been pulled from the App Store. We have taken the decision to do this to avoid confusion with different versions, and to offer the best available app to our users.

Apple introduced a "Last-Compatible Version" system a while back, which means that your device will automatically download the newest developed version of the app compatible with your iOS version. This means there is no longer a need for OneDotFive. Additionally, the only devices that cannot run iOS 4 or higher are the 1st Gen iPhone and 1st Gen iPod Touch.

This leaves two versions of the app for you to download from the App Store:

TouchCab
TouchCab Free

We suggest that any users of OneDotFive transition to either of the other apps, depending on the features you require. This will ensure you have the latest version available. If there are any unforeseen issues, please feel free to let us know.

As always, feel free to post your photos or videos of your own Touch Cab!"

Thanks

Mike and Karl.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hope someone can help...My throttle display on an IPhone has reversed today....I think I must have done it but I have no idea how! Basically where the throttle slide went left to right it now goes right to left (To accelerate in both situations). Anyone know the majic buttons?

Thanks

Trev

go to options at the bottom of the screen

then at the top you will see 2 opposite hands holding an iphone, click the unlit one and it will revert to right handed operation

Cheers - guessed it must be something obvious - who would look for hands!!!

Thanks for quick response.

Just begun to get seriously to grips with my new ECoS 50200 and really looking forward to trying the new version TouchCab when it is released.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, for some reason I did not get a notification of a new post, so sorry for the delay...

We are working hard in the background to get the next update ready, along with some other bits and pieces. We are doing some internal testing right now but these things take time unfortunately, particularly as it is a new venture.

We will of course keep you updated on progress.

Thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

have you downloaded the full version or the free one, i seem to remember the free one has less functions

i cant check as typing 'touchcab' into appstore brings up no results in the search, is it 'currently off sale' while its updated or something?

• RMweb Premium

It's the full version, I've had it about 6 months now and it's great. Only discovered recently that I didn't need a laptop to make it work :scratchhead:

I bought an extra copy today for my wife's phone, got it from the App Store no problem. The pic of the first screen on the App store shows a light, speaker symbol, steam loco wheels etc, 8 more symbols than my iPhone's cab, points, signals and options.

Weirdly I tried finding it on my iPad just now and it come up 'no results'. Went and searched using the iPhone and it's still there in the App store!

• RMweb Gold

It's the full version, I've had it about 6 months now and it's great. Only discovered recently that I didn't need a laptop to make it work :scratchhead:

I bought an extra copy today for my wife's phone, got it from the App Store no problem. The pic of the first screen on the App store shows a light, speaker symbol, steam loco wheels etc, 8 more symbols than my iPhone's cab, points, signals and options.

Weirdly I tried finding it on my iPad just now and it come up 'no results'. Went and searched using the iPhone and it's still there in the App store!

when you say "bought an extra copy" you havent paid for another have you, if you have already paid for it you should be able to download for free again (assuming your wifes phone is on the same apple ID as yours)

i've just realised why its showing as no results, if you look at the top of the page when you have searched on the pad it says "iPad only' on the left hand side, click on that and you can select 'iPhone only' and the apps will come up

• RMweb Gold

As its really an iPhone/iPod Touch app it probably does not appear as an app for the iPad, you may have been looking at only iPad apps, if so look for it under iPhone apps or ones already purchased.

Edited by Peter Crichton (Savoyard)