TheLaird

Bradfield, Gloucester Square BR 1962 ish

A great looking and well presented layout - I really like the canopy styled fascia boards - very smart indeed.

Welcome to RMweb.

Never mind Work In Progress, more like hitting the road running... Really nice work and superb looking trackwork. cool.gif

P.S. Wow, what a tidy railway room... ohmy.gif

Have you got any detialed shots or drawings of the baseboard design and legs?

You've made a great start there. Look forward to seeing more of this layout

Colin

Welcome to RmWeb,

that is a very nice layout you have there. Can't wait for more progress.

Welcome to RMweb,

Great looking layout, I do like a nice terminus.:D Although I model the BR blue period I do like green diesels and that Peaks looks superb nice and dirty.

Cheers Peter.

I like it when a new layout is presented using not-so-expected methods of construction. I really like the way the end posts for the fascia seem to slot down into pockets, the lighting rig and the use of a centre post which cantilevers over the layout to support the fascia. Good ideas to think about when making any new layout of my own.

I assume the station will get an overall roof? What is the track gauge? Nice track by the way. I am assuming there are three boards? Two longer boards at each end?

So many questions!!!!

Love the detail on the buildings, are they castings? I'm only asking because I have just learned how to to them!

Mike

looking very good, did you build the track yourself.

Regards

Ant

This looks really good. I echo the comments above re the "presentation" Just superb.

Track looks good. What gauge is it, i couldn't see that in the text anywhere?

I do like a good urban terminus and this looks as if it's going to be a very good urban terminus.

Have you got any detialed shots or drawings of the baseboard design and legs?

This shot should give an idea of the legs and board construction. I don't have any drawings but the sides and diagonals are 100mm deep. Three boards, two at 1.7M and the centre one 1.2M.

post-10660-0-34392900-1295198928_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies, comments and questions. Thought I would try and answer them all in one reply and add some pics of progress on the bridges and retaining walls.

First the questions:- Track gauge is 16.5mm with 14.5mm back to back. All hand made points of soldered copperclad construction with SMP plain track. Regarding the buildings being "mouldings", they are all constructed from plasticard with appropriate embossed sheet. The station will get an overall roof of "Warren" or "Pratt" truss construction, typical of a lot of Midland Railway construction.

Think that answers all the questions but please do fire away with any more. Now the interesting bit,

post-10660-0-89618600-1295199599_thumb.jpg

From the bridge over the carriage sidings

post-10660-0-66057300-1295199604_thumb.jpg

The station with the new road over bridge, a skew plate girder on a rising gradient. This is a shortened copy of the one outside Forster Sq Stn.

post-10660-0-61441600-1295199609_thumb.jpg

A DMU arrives from Ilkley past my new arches.

post-10660-0-89488800-1295199614_thumb.jpg

D48 awaits the right away with a semi fast for Leeds and York.

post-10660-0-52690500-1295199619_thumb.jpg

Just to show I have something other than Peaks. D325 waits for clearance to proceed light engine to the shed having brought in a stopper from Carlisle.

• Like 11

A couple of Black 5s wouldn't go amiss.

Pete

I have four Hornby Black Fives along with several other suitable steam classes but unfortunately they do not as yet come up to the standard I set myself for running and reliability but I am working on it.

John.

• Like 1

nice looking layout. Looks like a more complex version of Minories out of the old Peco track plan book :P

Chris

Great looking trackwork, just shows how effect finescale 16.5 can look well made and laid.

If the weathering of the locos and the unpainted buildings are anything to go by, then the 'finished' layout will look very impressive!

I can imagine they will be plenty of operational interest.

As others have previously mentioned, the facia looks very impressive.

Look forward to seeing more.

I must say this looks a cracking layout. Love the way the overbridge splits the station area to visually increase it's length.

Nice to see some finely-observed models of "Peaks" too - proper locos.

Neat looking construction, can't wait to see more progress. Aren't you afraid of whacking your head on the picket fence upper fascia?

Dave

As we have now had the decorators in, I thought I had better upload some recent snaps. Again, any questions or comments much appreciated. John E.

post-10660-0-63080700-1297018971_thumb.jpgpost-10660-0-20798700-1297018976_thumb.jpgpost-10660-0-95768900-1297018980_thumb.jpgpost-10660-0-70160900-1297018985_thumb.jpgpost-10660-0-17344700-1297018991_thumb.jpgpost-10660-0-63050800-1297018996_thumb.jpgpost-10660-0-95946100-1297019001_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

very impressed by the work you have done it since you posted your first pictures.

Colin