The Penguins workbench - Trans Pennine transformation part 3

Air, vacuum, the order of the pipes.

Mike.

I did think that at first too - but the 'A' just didn't convince me.............

.....and the pipes would be so obviously different I didn't think it would be necessary to 'write it on' as it were.

I did think that at first too - but the 'A' just didn't convince me.............

.....and the pipes would be so obviously different I didn't think it would be necessary to 'write it on' as it were.

The pipes are AV automatic vacuum (red) , the other vacuum pipe is the high vacuum res (blue) and the white one is the control air reservoir.

Hope that helps.

It certainly does.

While I'm on, did anyone notice how uneven the lower join between Yellow panel and Green front is???

Just getting my excuses in for when I come to paint mine..... ;)

Cheers.

Sean.

Sean,

I think you will find it is straight, but the body paneling has been distorted (pushed in by a small bump?) so from a slightly higher angle it looks 'wavey'. Poor photoshopping would also do it!

Of course yours will not have had a bump so will be perfectly formed and the line dead straight.............

Cheers Tony

Ok, I know I've posted pictures of the Trans - Pennine already, but Mike had set up Battersby North End up at the club tonight, in order to test before the Boston show, so, well, it was rude not to.....

attachicon.gif20140917_194845.jpg

attachicon.gif20140917_194923.jpg

attachicon.gif20140917_195159.jpg

attachicon.gif20140917_195342.jpg

Cheers.

Sean.

Like this - Esp the 'NE' prefix............

Sad I know but.......

I'm not sure how long the NE prefix lasted, (presumably for the duration of the NE region), but with headcodes in use, I had to include the "NE's", not that I'm complaining of course, I am, after all, a Yorkshire lad.....

Cheers.

Sean.

There is photo evidence of NE prefixed B/G TPs, sadly I cannot now find the FLICKR link, but............ I think only with brown u/f and smaller typeface numbers at opposite end.

Thanks Mike.

I.suppose, had I have thought about it, having guessed at A/V, the answer would have come to me.....

Good job you're here to keep me right.....

Hi Peter.

Class 27 pics will.follow in good time. There is still a lot of pondering and fettling to be done on the chassis and cab interior, but fortunately, this side of things has been contracted out.

As soon as that work is complete, I'll be putting pictures on here. You'll just have to wait a little longer I'm afraid..... ;)

Cheers.

Sean.

Hi Sean,

no worries, Now than the unit is nearly finished whats next on the to do list?

Cheers Peter.

I'm not sure how long the NE prefix lasted, (presumably for the duration of the NE region), but with headcodes in use, I had to include the "NE's", not that I'm complaining of course, I am, after all, a Yorkshire lad.....

Cheers.

Sean.

1967 rings a bell. Wasn't the NER abolished and merged with the ER in that year?

NE prefixes lasted beyond 1967, into 1968 at least and probably later (talking about carriage & DMU stock in general now, not just TPs). There is reference to this in Railway Observers from the late 60s but I don't have them to hand at the moment. Photos of ex works DMUs in 1967 suggest that for a few months Doncaster kept outshopping them with NE prefixes after the region was abolished.

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

In light of recent events elsewhere on the forum, I have decided not to post any more of my projects in this thread or on the forum.

I have been asked to "Just walk away" and so before I do, I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of you who have contributed to this thread and offered advice and support to my various projects.

I will of course continue with my projects and sincerely hope to catch up with some or all of you in the future either in the virtual world of the internet or at various the various shows around the North.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Sean.

Hi all.

In light of recent events elsewhere on the forum, I have decided not to post any more of my projects in this thread or on the forum.

I have been asked to "Just walk away" and so before I do, I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of you who have contributed to this thread and offered advice and support to my various projects.

I will of course continue with my projects and sincerely hope to catch up with some or all of you in the future either in the virtual world of the internet or at various the various shows around the North.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Sean.

Noooo......   seriously, being a typical Northerner myself (stuck in the South West), I would say to em.

I have been a silent follower of a few of your projects and even have a couple of Transpennine in bits at the moment emulating your fine work (only last night I was testing 6 x chassis with a 2nd driving car up gradients, adding weights where required and was even brave enough to dismantle some other stock I have to raid for parts.)

I do hope your posts dont disappear.  Its been a pain finding quality photos

Hopefully you might reconsider, as you will be a sad loss to the majority, your work and posts have been inspiring.

Many thanks

Tyrone

Hi all.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Sean.

No, Sean, don't let the XXXX grind you down!

I must confess I have no idea what has made you think this way, but I had a break from posting recently after what I saw as the incredibly negative attitudes of some posters on here. Yet there are far more genuine people on here who just want to talk modelling, share their experiences and see other people's work (which is very inspiring in many cases - yours included). 

Take a break for a while maybe, but don't give up for good. 

Cheers,

Dave

PS Love the Pennine unit!

• RMweb Premium

Can only agree with what has been said already Sean.

Have enjoyed your modelling very much, interesting prototypes which by necessity have involved a great deal of improvisation and ingenuity.

All the best with your projects in the future (possibly some pics when the T-P is finished?)

• 3 months later...

Hi all.

After my last post above, I was contacted by some members to ask if I would post progress on my current projects, the Trans - Pennine and class 27. The class 27 is now complete and has been discussed on another thread and so it is only fair to post a link to that thread for those who wanted to see the finished model.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64736-my-detailingrepainting-projects/page-60

Cheers.

Sean.

:locomotive: :locomotive: Sean is back.

Sorry to get your hopes up Clive but I will still be holding off actually posting pictures of my projects here for the time being. I do not feel it appropriate to discuss the matter in open forum but intend to see how the land lies before resuming posting but since the pictures of my class 27 project had appeared in another thread, (and I have no issue with that), I felt it would be the decent thing to let members who were following my thread have the opportunity to view them.

I am still working on other projects and although I update elsewhere, if you, or anyone else wish to see the Trans - Pennine progress, drop me a PM and I will send you some pictures as work progresses.

Cheers.

Sean.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to get your hopes up Clive but I will still be holding off actually posting pictures of my projects here for the time being. I do not feel it appropriate to discuss the matter in open forum but intend to see how the land lies before resuming posting

Cheers.

Sean.

Well I hope you do return to posting Sean, I'd give it some serious thought.

Neil

• RMweb Gold

I think a modified phrase is appropriate here

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but it is always greener where you water it.

I'm sure in the old currency this would have many "indecipherable" buttons hit, but Sean knows what I mean I'm certain.

Neil

Let the haters, hate you get them in all walks of life not just on forums

I can't understand why people would give you grief for showing your work good ,bad or whatever at least you have the balls to put your work up and it helps other people with your thread

it always amazes me how people can pull someone down for what is a hobby and should be fun and sociable

I can understand why you wouldn't want to post any pictures again I hope you do though

hope to see the transpennine unit one day as I'm doing a class123 and hope to do a 124 one day

Sorry for the rant

Brian

Archived