NORTHEASTERN KITS

ArthurK

• RMweb Premium

NORTHEASTERN KITS

RE-RELEASE OF THE T/T1 (Q5) 0-8-0

Although not yet packed themI have a new batch of this popular kit. There are three only available

Please let me know if you want one. These will probably be the last.

See page one of this thread for further details.

post-6751-0-15728900-1517918166.jpg

ArthurK

Edited by ArthurK
  • Like 1

I wish I had bought one, Arthur. It would have been a lot easier than my Hornby Q6 conversion! For anyone contemplating this conversion, don't! - buy Arthur's kit instead.

I have taken your advice!

I saw your conversion in NERA magazine and it looked great. However I don’t have a Hornby Q6 so not a good starting point for me. However I do have an,unbuilt, NuCast Q6 so I considered converting that (waste not want not). Out came the drawings and then I realised that I would only be using bits of the footplate, splasher and, possibly, cab. Decided to put that idea back on the “one day...maybe pile”. Thankfully Arthur then announced some more Q5 kits!

Jon

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I am currently writing  the instructions for the J25. The etches for the first batch are now to hand. There is a minor addition to the castings. The masters for these are almost complete. They include a new chimney with Windjabber for those that want one. I reasoned that it was better to have this in place. It is easy to remove but difficult to add. Some J25s had this feature as did other classes using the same chimney.

The first new kit to appear will be the J71. This has new safety valves the Ramsbottom style cover, chimney and dome tailored to fit the smaller diameter boiler. There are other additions including a  riveted smokebox door. A riveted smokebox overlay is included as an alternative to the flush riveted version originally fitted. I hope to have this available in June. Once this is clear the two J72 versions (long & short bunker) will follow. The chassis  for the short version is the original style with cut-away frames between the wheels.

Sorry for the delays but we will get there!

ArthurK

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

NORTHEASTERN KITS

Things are slowly recovering. Personal circumstances saw to it that there was little or no progress during the whole of 2017. For example the J71 is now two years behind its scheduled release.

J71

Even last month there was a last minute hitch but then I assume that all would prefer to have a kit without that silly mistake. All of the brass and white metal castings are now ready. Just awaiting small etches to correct that mistake. They will be ready in approximately two weeks. I am preparing a dozen kits. These are already partially packed. Delivery will begin in November.

J72 (1920 build)

I still have the instructions to complete although most of these can be copied from the J71 with minor differences. All the castings are shared with the J71.

J72 (LNER & BR builds)

As above.

J25

Again the instructions are lagging behind. I have more than a dozen sets of etches ready. I need one new set of brass castings to complete this one.

Q7

I will prepare this as soon as I can get the above kits moving. I am intending some internal valve gear as it is so visible from above. This is taking time to design as there are six eccentrics and a connecting rod to fit in there, not to mention the valve rods. I hope it's all worth it! Not sure how much I can get in a OO model - we will see.

One thing is certain both boiler styles will be supplied. Also both chimneys will be in there.

Hopefully it will appear early in the new year

C6

This has been put aside until the Q7 is on line but certainly not forgotten. Both the V and the V09 will appear in the New Year.

That's it for now but I may have one more card up my sleeve

ArthurK

Edited by ArthurK
  • Like 5

NORTHEASTERN KITS

Things are slowly recovering. Personal circumstances saw to it that there was little or no progress during the whole of 2017. For example the J71 is now two years behind its scheduled release.

J71

Even last month there was a last minute hitch but then I assume that all would prefer to have a kit without that silly mistake. All of the brass and white metal castings are now ready. Just awaiting small etches to correct that mistake. They will be ready in approximately two weeks. I am preparing a dozen kits. These are already partially packed. Delivery will begin in November.

J72 (1920 build)

I still have the instructions to complete although most of these can be copied from the J71 with minor differences. All the castings are shared with the J71.

J72 (LNER & BR builds)

As above.

J25

Again the instructions are lagging behind. I have more than a dozen sets of etches ready. I need one new set of brass castings to complete this one.

Q7

I will prepare this as soon as I can get the above kits moving. I am intending some internal valve gear as it is so visible from above. This is taking time to design as there are six eccentrics and a connecting rod to fit in there, not to mention the valve rods. I hope it's all worth it! Not sure how much I can get in a OO model - we will see.

One thing is certain both boiler styles will be supplied. Also both chimneys will be in there.

Hopefully it will appear early in the new year

C6

This has been put aside until the Q7 is on line but certainly not forgotten. Both the V and the V09 will appear in the New Year.

That's it for now but I may have one more card up my sleeve

ArthurK

Hi Arthur,

'One more card up your sleeve', so that could be anything from an F8 2.4.2 Tank to the fascinating No. 825 Stumpf Uniflow 4.6.0 (or even the NER Pacific), one can dream.

• RMweb Premium

NORTHEASTERN KITS

J71/72 update

I thought that you might like to see the progress on the J71/j72 castings. 

First he complete sprue. This includes the Chimney Ross pop and Ramsbottom safety valves enclosed in a separate cover, also oilboxes for the tank front, steam pipe, tank vents and regulator handle.

post-6751-0-21399900-1540069991.jpg

The Ramsbottom valves

post-6751-0-47425600-1540070037.jpg

Next the Ross pop valves  ready for fitting

post-6751-0-91342500-1540070074.jpg

ArthurK

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

NORTHEASTERN KITS

J71 update

I expect to finish packing the first batch of twelve this week. The first twelve on the list will be hearing from me in the next few days.

Next week it is turn of Q5 (three- all spoken for)  and the J24 (six - three still available).

Beyond that I  will turn to the J25. That needs a new chimney and safety valves but,we are working on the latter. Once that is done the castings will not take very long. The rest of the brass castings will be spin offs from earlier kits. 

I am sure that Mikw Meggison won't mind me using photos of hi J25 test build.

post-6751-0-88191100-1541692547.jpg

post-6751-0-46364900-1541692640.jpg

I still have a few of my earlier kits available including D20 and A6 though the former are not as yet completely packed;

ArthurK

Edited by ArthurK
  • Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Duncan.

I am snowed under with other kits at the moment. Two J72s, J25 and one new release. However the Q7 is high on the list. i still need some white metal and brass castings but we are working on it.

I expect that it will be 4-6 months away.

ArthurK

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

NORTHEASTERN KITS

Long Bunker J72

I am about to release this kit and am currently packing the first batch and finalising the instructions.

I have a list of those who have expressed an interest in this kit. Those at the top of the list will receive an Email or PM.

P2150014A.jpg.c40225b8b7be46fbdcb06b05114b98ab.jpg

I have increased  the price a little to cover the additional parts  {train pipes and alternative cab fittings} to cover those engines fitted for carriage working.

Now for the J25

ArthurK

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

NORTHEASTERN KITS

Long Bunker J72

This kit is now being shipped. Those at the top of the list will receive an Email in the next few days the first batch is already reserved. Further orders will depend on the demand.

kits Currently  in stock are:

J71 (NER E Class)

One only

J72 Short bunker (NER Class E1 1914 builds)

Three left

A6 (NER Class W 4-6-0 Rebuild)

One only. This will probably be the last

D20 (NER Class R)

A new batch of  six is being prepared. These will use up old etches. However, all faulty parts will be removed and  replaced by fully up to date replacements. These will also remove a minor fault on the existing kit. 

Anyone wishing to reserve one of these please let me know.

Q5 (NER Class T/T1)

I have three outstanding orders for these. The kits await packing.

J25 (NER Class P1)

The masters for all castings are now ready  Etches are ready for the first batch

there is a long list for these but I will do the best that I can. 

ArthurK

Edited by ArthurK
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

39 minutes ago, Steve Taylor said:

Arthur, can you put me down for a J25 when they are ready please?

Steve Taylor

Steve,

You'll be wanting a Q7 next for the track lifting train through Broomielaw, or was that a Q6.

Cheers, SteveT

• RMweb Premium

Arthur,

Great to see another small scale supplier of the ground with a great range of kits for the NER modeller. Our hobby relies on small suppliers like yourself so good luck and please keep up the good work.

I would buy a kit or two (Spent some time in the early 1960s trailing around NE sheds looking for those Q6/7s, B16s and J27, they must have been good to survive until 1967) but I model Southern stuff, mainly ex LSWR. Might just buy a Raven pacific though!! Something for the future perhaps.

Kind regards,

Richard B 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

NORTHEASTERN KITS

Long Bunker J72

I have just three  of these available. If you want one please send me a PM or Email.

I am awaiting delivery of further batches of the J71 and  the short bunker J72. Most of these are reserved but there  are are few available.

J25

I am having problems with the brass castings for this  but hopefully these will be resolved in the next couple of weeks.

ArthurK

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

Thanks for the update, I'll keep the funds for my J25 available for whenever it lands!

Then I'll have to clear some space on my workbench! 

I'm seriously impressed with the J71, so this should be another treat!

Looking forward to it!

Cheers

J