NORTHEASTERN KITS

ArthurK

Hello Arthur,

Saw your post re. my locos built from your kits and realised I'd sent you the wrong pics of the Tennant 2-4-0. Here are some of it almost completed. The pics I did send earlier are just 'progress shots! 

The 'W' class tank loco and the Tennant are built by me but actually the 'T' class was built by Mike Edge.

Painting is as you say by Paul Moore who has done a fabulous job.

Looking forward to the D20 and V/09 next when available.

Best wishes,

David

P1150171.JPG

P1150174.JPG

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• 1 month later...

Paul has done a fabulous job painting the Tennant. He even made his own transfers for the cab lining. Just the couplings, crew and fire irons to add now. I don't think my photos do it justice or get the colour right - much better in his 'studio' shots.

P1150390.JPG

P1150396.JPG

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Joe,

Always pleased to see  builds from my kits, especially when the results are as  good as this.

Bowes Bridge had two of N10s. (Tongue in cheek), I have  Just one left!

Very nice work.

Arthur

Edited by ArthurK
Grammar
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Arthur

Thankyou for your kind words.  I have to say I would really recommend the N10 as a great starter kit for a beginner like me so if anyone out there fancies one - message Arthur.  If not I'll have another one!

I'm assuming COVID has caused all sorts of issues, but dare I ask is there any further news on the J25??

Joe

• RMweb Premium

13 hours ago, Grosmont Jnc said:

Arthur

Thankyou for your kind words.  I have to say I would really recommend the N10 as a great starter kit for a beginner like me so if anyone out there fancies one - message Arthur.  If not I'll have another one!

I'm assuming COVID has caused all sorts of issues, but dare I ask is there any further news on the J25??

Joe

The J25 is  on thre verge of being packed. Awaiting a few ccastings, Boilers to roll etc.

4 hours ago, micklner said:

or the C6 ?

The C6 is on hold but  not forgotten . At the moment I a m  concentrating on the F8. The design  of thre latter is 90% complete.

ArthurK

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

The C6 is on hold but  not forgotten . At the moment I a m  concentrating on the F8. The design  of thre latter is 90% complete.

ArthurK

HI Arthur,

I will look forward to being able to buy C6 fittings for my C7s when that comes. How far off is the Q7?

Best wishes

Duncan

1 hour ago, ArthurK said:

The J25 is  on thre verge of being packed. Awaiting a few ccastings, Boilers to roll etc.

ArthurK

Arthur

i never knew about the F8 , put me on the list please !! If you get any spare J25's i would be interested . Thanks.

Any other new items pending ?

Edited by micklner

On 04/09/2020 at 12:32, Grosmont Jnc said:

A total contrast to the lovely Tennant above, I have recently finished one of Arthur's N10 kits.  It's my first loco kit and went together really well, and I learnt a lot in the process.  It is a depiction of 69101, based latterly at Bowes Bridge and withdrawn in April 62.  

329.JPG

333.JPG

338.JPG

That really is very nice indeed, the weathering is nice and subtle, but it still looks like a hard working loco! I started one of the late David Alexander kits of the same class back in March and if it ends up half as nice as yours, I'll be more than happy!

IMG_20200326_091606.jpg.4ddff7662b12ff25ac05ec0414e0dd9c.jpg

Mine will end up in NER livery, and I need to source some clack valves and a safety valve bonnet, and order a gearbox (HighLevel) but it's coming along nicely!

3 hours ago, ArthurK said:

That's excellent news! And also just as good to know that things are still progressing despite the world's best efforts to hinder them! 

I very much look forward to seeing the F8 progress once you get going on that too!

Cheers

J

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Arthur I asked about a D20 kit. When do you want to be paid? Let me know and i Can get it all sorted.

Baz

Currently packing the next six. There are still some castings to sort., but you should get one of those.

My policy is to not accept money until I can supply the kit. I will be in touch when yours is ready.

Arthur

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

Hope I'm still on the list for a P1/J25, might be tempted by an E too... 

Yes, You are on the List.

I have a batch of six E Class (J71) awaiting packing.

Arthur

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello Tom,

I am currenly packing a ne batch of six J73s. Not all of these are reserved.

I have just one Fletcher cab J77. This was the firstof a new batch. this batch had a new style of cab floor which I folded to check that it was OK. Otherwise  the remainder is untouched apart from the boiler being rolled. It is yours if you want it.

I have four N10s on order. These are all reserved but I think that it is not too late to get another four. Delivery of these will 5-6 weeks.

ArthurK

3 hours ago, ArthurK said:

Hello Tom,

I am currenly packing a ne batch of six J73s. Not all of these are reserved.

I have just one Fletcher cab J77. This was the firstof a new batch. this batch had a new style of cab floor which I folded to check that it was OK. Otherwise  the remainder is untouched apart from the boiler being rolled. It is yours if you want it.

I have four N10s on order. These are all reserved but I think that it is not too late to get another four. Delivery of these will 5-6 weeks.

ArthurK

Thanks @ArthurK

I'll take the J77 and a J73 please. Is it easiest to Private Message you?

Many Thanks

Tom