Manchester Central, CLC & GN Warehouses & Castlefield Viaducts

Thanks Mike

It is never too late, even after 15 years of modelling this project. The real aim is to try and capture some of the atmosphere and continual decay of these structures

Ron

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Glad to hear that you're still with us and some progress is being made, however small it may be.  Several of my friends are also suffering from arthritis one of which has had a bone removed from each thumb, next to the wrist. It has for the time being allowed him to get back to modelling again,  but he now struggles to carry two pints of beer without spilling or dropping one.

With the warmer weather coming, I hope it will ease the problems for awhile.

• Friendly/supportive 4
17 hours ago, Ron Heggs said:

Hi,

Thanks for your continuing interest

I have ongoing problems with arthritis in both of the third and fourth fingers of both hands. Although I do get some occasional respite, any prolonged time modelling causes almost a shutdown. Any progress on the build in progress is exceptionally slow. However I haven't stopped and intend to now post when I can show some real progress, rather than a blow by blow account

I have had to give up driving my Ford Mustang as although my reaction times are still good, I have no confidence in my ability to retain a good grip on the steering wheel if an incident should occur or when driving around all the vicious bends on the local mountain roads

Ron

You can buy a fixture-a knob-to attach to the steering wheel, and turn the wheel.  Try not to give up driving the Mustang-a great car.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/02/2020 at 14:55, Siberian Snooper said:

... he now struggles to carry two pints of beer without spilling or dropping one.

There's no reasonable alternative, then.  He'll just have to drink one pint at a time.

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

He does,  the 2nd one is mine, so needs to be very careful with it!

You might want to bid for pint 1....

12 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

He does,  the 2nd one is mine, so needs to be very careful with it!

12 hours ago, Gilbert said:

You might want to bid for pint 1....

No thanks, he takes a big swig out of it, to avoid spilling it!

• Informative/Useful 1