Gough's Yard (O Gauge Module)

Jack

Good to see progress on the layout.

A bit disconcerting to see a face on the Pannier.🤔

All my locos have sound, I felt it was just necessary for 0 gauge.  Mostly Zimo from Digitrains.

As for 3 links (and the others), one the things I hated in 00 was the couplings.  3 links were impractical for me so I resorted to Kadee.  In 0 gauge, I feel that prototypical couplings are the way to go and all my stock is so fitted.  I made a couple of coupling tools:

P1010001-001.JPG.94f4f42d9662dbda2768bc28053e01b1.JPG

Ordinary torches but make sure the thumb button can be pressed one handed.  I initially got some that were very stiff and needed two hands.  Wood dowel and some bent steel wire.  I need better tape, at our debut show a month ago, these got so much use that the tape became sticky, so I'll maybe try duct tape.

I won't lie, coupling can be a real faff but the appearance can't be beat.

John

• Like 1

Thanks John. I think you're right about the couplings and I'll try some different tools.

As for Duck, well I stopped short of hacking a Dapol Jinty into Thomas 😁

Edited by Jack

On 09/08/2022 at 12:27, Jack said:

Ahh, yet more glaciers go galloping past ... but there has been some progress this week.

Construction and modification laser cut buildings to create the low relief structures ...

... still not sure about the 3-links, they are quite fiddly, and Im concerned that wagons are going to disappear into that goods shed never to be seen again!

None of the buildings are fixed, they'll be coming off the layout for painting in due course.  I'm also working my way through the kit box and finishing the wagons, including the two grounded ones.

IMG_6114.JPG.1e97098b508130b79d61a8e31f874c59.JPG

... and yes, Duck is in use as the test engine.  All my other stick is fitted with Lenz gold decoders and stay alive.  Duck is still only fitted with a Lenz silver as I have a custom sound project to go in there eventually.

IMG_6120.JPG.bc0fae804c39b3507823393d8a9b678e.JPG

That looks, absolutely, smashing.