White Lines - Any Transfers?

• RMweb Premium

I have searched through Ebay and a few well known model purveyors, but I can't find any decals for straight white lines - 0.5 - 1mm thick would be perfect. Preferably the HMRS type as opposed t the "float off" type.

And ideas please?

• RMweb Premium

Thanks.

I wondered whether I could spray some masking tape white and cut it to the right width. My uncertainty is whether it would stand proud by too much and if the tape would stay on - perhaps a coat of matt varnish over the top?

I would think that masking tape would be too coarse for the job, as well as drying out and lifting after a period of time.

I have waterslide lining in several colours, including white, from the old Kemilway range. I'm not sure that these are available anywhere now.

Have you checked out Fox Transers and Modelmaster's ranges?

• RMweb Premium

I would think that masking tape would be too coarse for the job, as well as drying out and lifting after a period of time.

I have waterslide lining in several colours, including white, from the old Kemilway range. I'm not sure that these are available anywhere now.

Have you checked out Fox Transers and Modelmaster's ranges?

I thought as much on the masking tape idea.

I have checked out Modelmaster to no avail. Will check Fox now.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mike - already ordered from Fox. I will peruse the Comet website tho - all new info to me, and I'm bust soaking it all in.

• RMweb Premium

Fox transfers arrived in double quick time and I applied them last night. Bit tricky on a long "run" to begin with, but they were ramarkable pliable for a long time so nudging them straight with a cocktail stick was easy. I got used to them quite quickly - an excellent proiduct. Thanks for the recommendation.

Archived