BAA Steel Coil Carrier Wagon

WhiteRoseRambler

• 1 month later...

I bought 4 of these over xmas 2 EWS and 2 RF sector - Should have read this thread first! Never mind i wll have to do a spot of weathering!

Fantastic wagons especially with the options for the load. I have kept the cradles on but after a few laps the coil loads are moving along the cradles. Maybe a spot of blue tack is required.

Paul

• 2 months later...

I enquired about 38-352A with Bachmann since I hoped that a subsequent run would use different tooling (i.e. that for 38-350 or 38-351). I've deliberately left some gaps in my rake so that I can mix them up a bit but still have them all in Railfreight red/black livery. However Bachmann have confirmed that 38-352A is simply a renumber using the same tooling as 38-352. They suggested that if I wanted a model with the alternative ends I should buy 38-350 or 38-351 so I think they sort of missed the point.

I do wonder what number and exact livery they're going to do for 38-351A since 900205 was a one off.

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know of anywhere that still has the Railfreight livery ones (38-352) available? I could do with another couple to go with my rake. I'm getting the impression that these were the most popular of the three releases.

Railfreight definitely seemed to the most popular version, the same with the BDA before it. They were gone in no time from the bigger retailers. I will be in for some more myself.

I'll hang on for the A batch then. Cheers for the replies chaps. I have eight railfreight and one metals one at the moment - just looks a little on the short side behind a pair of 37's (502 &507).

Nice looking wagons.

Edited by kintbury jon

Does anyone know of anywhere that still has the Railfreight livery ones (38-352) available? I could do with another couple to go with my rake. I'm getting the impression that these were the most popular of the three releases.

Ive been trying to get hold some more for about a month now, they are like rocking horse ###### ! Modelzone managed to track down two for me throughout all their stores!

GW.

• RMweb Premium

Ive been trying to get hold some more for about a month now, they are like rocking horse ###### ! Modelzone managed to track down two for me throughout all their stores!

GW.

It's all that panic buying................................. :declare:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hiya

1980 old red railfreight livery during 1989 so what about metal sector livery start paint on BAA steel carrier wagon by when

My layout is 1989 and want buy old railfreight and metal sector livery on my layout running on 1989?

Anyone know when new livery of BAA steel carrier wagon please

Thank you

hiya everyone

new railfreight metal livery repaint on BAA Steel carrier wagon on what year please

I may buy railfrieght metals livery of BAA on my layout 1989

thank you

Dear Andy

You may find what you are looking for here http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/baa A link to a photo of the models you are discussing would have been helpful.

Paul Bartlett

Edited by hmrspaul

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Bachmann are listing all three versions - Railfreight Red, Sector green/yellow and EWS red as recent arrivals - all with the "A" suffix. As you say, pretty certain only one carried the sector colours, so why they've done a full re-run is a bit strange.

Maybe it'll take a day or two to get to all retailers.

Cheers,

Mick

Bachmann are listing all three versions - Railfreight Red, Sector green/yellow and EWS red as recent arrivals - all with the "A" suffix. As you say, pretty certain only one carried the sector colours, so why they've done a full re-run is a bit strange.

Maybe it'll take a day or two to get to all retailers.

Cheers,

Mick

Railfreight Red has been and gone !!!!!!!!!!. Hattons had them in stock the same as the Metal`s and EWS ones, all now gone with no pre-order option. I poped down to my local model shop and someone bought them all this morning before i got there!!> The positive news is Bachmann`s website still shows in stock and Rails have them on order.

Railfreight Red has been and gone !!!!!!!!!!. Hattons had them in stock the same as the Metal`s and EWS ones, all now gone with no pre-order option. I poped down to my local model shop and someone bought them all this morning before i got there!!> The positive news is Bachmann`s website still shows in stock and Rails have them on order.

Railfreight red always sells out first, they should make twice as many!!!!

And why bother with the yellow livery if there was only 1 of them

There was just one in the livery modelled by 38-351 (i.e. the first batch from Bachmann) as per Paul's superb website http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/baa/h3b8f931d#h3b8f931d

However 38-351A is subtly different and was more common. Again Paul Barlett's website has some examples, though I can't find the exact model chosen by Bachmann but similar ones are:

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/baa/h2b6bdfd8#h2b6bdfd8

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/baa/h2248e26d#h2248e26d

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/baa/h249df575#h249df575

Hi

Finally got around to weathering mine - photos attached.

Have fitted Colin Craig brake disc inserts - makes them look much better in my opinion.

Have resprayed coils and then rubbed them down - may yet fit straps / some writing over the coils.

Fitted flashing tail lamp to one wagon - had to fit the PCB and battery underneath, but you can't really see it.

Regards

Nick

post-1261-0-06748500-1359619363.jpeg

post-1261-0-71024600-1359619374.jpeg

post-1261-0-93474900-1359619385.jpeg

post-1261-0-18591000-1359619397.jpeg

• Like 6