NCE Upgrade

Like Nimbamoss earlier in this thread, I made contact via the website contact page, leaving my name and address.

Within 24hrs Larry, from NCE, contacted me to tell me he had just registered my PowerCab unit using the details that I had left - easy as that apparently :)

I'm rather looking forward to exploring the new features!

-Rob

• RMweb Gold

I bought mine from Traction's Dad, he had registered etc and traction had fitted one upgrade already. I'll be kept informed when NCE contact him. I've also belt and braces contacted NCE and registered myself too!

the 3 cab capability really interests me, as I can run two throttles and a minipanel.

It will be "interesting" to see if an upgraded "Master" can work ok with an unupgraded Powercab used as a throttle ....

It will be "interesting" to see if an upgraded "Master" can work ok with an unupgraded Powercab used as a throttle ....

Provided the second PowerCab throttle is connected via the curly cable (supplied with the PowerCab) I don't see that being an issue as the additional PowerCab will be treated purely as an additional throttle.

No - the information I provided is correct. In fact the PowerPro upgrade is due first, on or around 10 Feb.

I'm now told that the PowerCab upgrade will be first and is on track for release next month (Feb). The PowerPro upgrade will be delayed and is now likely to be June/July. Details to follow as they are still working on what exactly will go into the PowerPro upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

Like Nimbamoss earlier in this thread, I made contact via the website contact page, leaving my name and address.

Within 24hrs Larry, from NCE, contacted me to tell me he had just registered my PowerCab unit using the details that I had left - easy as that apparently :)

I'm rather looking forward to exploring the new features!

-Rob

Seconded

Sent my yellow card to NCE viaairmail weeks ago; sent a backup email yesterday just in case. Had a reply today, I wasn't on the database so they've added me - others may wish to make the same check as me.

I enquired when the upgrade would be available, Larry at NCE replied "Don't know exactly when the new software will be done. Probably by the end of the month."

HTH,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

It might be worth emailing them Phil just to check you are still on file. I suspect that once you are registered you are there for life!!

Apparently so - mine is still on file after quite a few years :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK I have just spoken to NCE about the forthcoming upgrades for both PowerCab and PowerPro. As the result of issues they have been having with getting the new Cab06 ready for release the upgrade programme has been put back and it will probably now be late summer this year when both upgrades are available.

BTW The Cab06 is nearly ready for release - I would now expect March/April to be the likely time it is available.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Afraid not. There are still issues with the Cab06 so until they've been resolved the upgrade is still pending.

Hi John,

I've got a Cab06 (which I bought from you). What are the "issues" or have they been resolved?

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Funny you should ask that, on 5th Dec I emailed NCE:

Just wondering if there was any more news on the Powercab upgrade please.

Larry at NCE replied:

Not yet. Stay tuned though and it will hopefully be soon.

Archived